QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Choir / La Chorale
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » The Choir / La Chorale » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  The Choir / La ChoralePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.amazon.co.uk/La-Chorale/dp/B0...ords=la+chorale

I came across this on Amazon but can only find a French language version. I assume its a film. Has anyone heard of this or know anything about it?

Some screencaps here. It looks like a really beautiful visual feast in an understated period style. I just can't find anything on this film in English.

https://cineablog.wordpress.com/tag/fesi...atique-de-lyon/

I'm getting a "Poppy Hill" vibe from it as far as the period goes.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.15.2015, 11:08 AM.

02.15.2015, 11:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would like to see this as well.. It has been around for awhile, so I would think that there would at least be an English subbed version, somewhere. I don't speak french, but just from the first lines in the second link, it appears to be something about a new female teacher at a primary school in Kira???

I don't know if Saddles' words put me on that track or not, but yes, a bit of "...Poppy Hill' feel to it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

I found this on IMDb: I typed in "La Chorale" and got this under 'exact title match'.

Japan, our Homeland (original title "Furusato Japan"

The 31st year of the Showa Era (1956) marked the tenth year since Japan's defeat in World War II. It was when Japan took its first step out of post-war poverty to rejoin the international community. In old downtown Tokyo, a teacher and her students try to pass down Doyo (Japanese traditional children's songs) as the root of Japanese cultural identity to the future generations.

My thoughts:
The 1956 years seems to connect and it does seem to involve a new teacher.

Both are by Akio Nishizawa
and seem to be released in 2006 or 2007

Perhaps someone with more French that I have could translate and see if any of the description above fits in with what is in the second link in Saddles' post.

Anyone, Parle vous France'
----------------------------------------------------------

Edit again:

OK, there is an official web site listed in IMDb that is in Japanese, but there is a box with 'english' that gives a lot of info... and another box labeled "Story", WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!!

http://www.furusatojapan.com/

everything seems to correspond with what I can pick up from the French dialogue. The Japan website does have clips, music and Japanese dialogue...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.15.2015, 02:49 PM.

02.15.2015, 02:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks that's great. I just need to find an English subbed DVD now.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.15.2015, 08:24 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found one region 2 DVD of La Chorale on eBay but I asked the seller if there were any English subtitles and she answered that she couldn't see any indication of that on the backside of the case.

02.16.2015, 06:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks