QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - People who think the Tavern is e-Bay.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » People who think the Tavern is e-Bay. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  People who think the Tavern is e-Bay.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

See here:

http://www.onlineghibli.com/tavern/thread.php?threadid=3547&boardid=4&styleid=1&page=1#2

We seem to get a lot of these, some more subtle than others but do we want the Tavern to become a place for complete strangers who otherwise make no contribution to the community to sell their stuff here?

Personally I'd rather not have to see these. If I want to buy Ghibli merchandise I'm quite capable of going hunting for it myself.

What do others think?

What does our site owner think?

Am I just being a miserable old geezer?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.20.2015, 01:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
MiyazakiGirl
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.17.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MiyazakiGirl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmmm..... I can see why you get annoyed about this, but it also might be good, for example;

It's bad if they sell stuff you could get on say, Ebay, Amazon and other big sights..

But its nice for the person if they are selling something that's special to them if they want to sell it to someone who they know will appreciate it heaps!

They also might be selling something they made themselves or something you can't get on the internet stores...

So, if its good stuff you can't find anywhere else, or a one-off, sure its good!

Origato for that good question/complaint..

(P.S. I always find a way to slip Origato in a post somewhere ;p )

Post last edited by MiyazakiGirl on 01.21.2015, 01:58 AM.

01.21.2015, 01:58 AM MiyazakiGirl is offline   Profile for MiyazakiGirl Add MiyazakiGirl to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm kinda torn between the two extremes... If it is something of their own that they are selling to another Ghibli lover, I can see it, maybe...

But to just come in and offer something for sale that is a mass-produced Ghibli item, I would say no way!

I have this problem in the historical fb forum i belong to. I'm frustrated by people , yes even from local businesses, that jump in in to announce a sale of something. I try to say, stay away, but some feel that I'm being too tight on the subject. Or someone has their own agenda, political or otherwise and tries to do the same thing.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.21.2015, 02:42 AM.

01.21.2015, 02:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Advertising is against the rules.

01.21.2015, 06:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Then that settles it...

Any attempts to sell items in the Tavern is spam... Or to forward a a personal agenda...

End of discussion!

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.22.2015, 12:52 AM.

01.22.2015, 12:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks