QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Fall anime 2014
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Fall anime 2014 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Fall anime 2014Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://anichart.net/fall

Ghibli's first series to air in two weeks' time. Meanwhile, Shirobako looks fairly interesting.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.27.2014, 04:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

An anime about making anime eh? It has that Idolmaster feel about it from somewhere. Looks worth a watch.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete looks interesting, a bit like an RP we might think up at the Tavern.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.27.2014, 11:18 AM.

09.27.2014, 11:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not terribly impressed by this season. There are some I'll check out. Hopefully the Ghibli one will be good, although they're not actually animating it. Apart from that, I'll try Amagi Brilliant Park which sounds pretty funny, and Inou-Battle because Trigger are making it and I'm hoping it'll lean less towards "generic light novel harem" and more towards Haruhi Suzumiya.

09.28.2014, 07:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
although they're not actually animating it.

Wait, what?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.28.2014, 09:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, animation is by the people that did Knights of Sidonia - hence the 3D.

09.28.2014, 02:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So its not a Studio Ghibli work at all - just the storyline is by them?

...or... are the backgrounds by Ghibli artists? They definitely look like work from the "Miyazaki school."

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.28.2014, 03:31 PM.

09.28.2014, 03:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Story, direction, and I guess some aspect of art direction? Like character designs/backgrounds at least.

09.28.2014, 03:45 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"So is it a ghibli production or not?" ask MISAKA as MISAKA laments in frustation on this new bit of info.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.28.2014, 07:44 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Another preview I read described it as "Ghibli in name only". Basically it features Ghibli staff and Ghibli designs, but with the actual animation outsourced. I'll still watch it, but we should all bear in mind that it's very different from a Ghibli movie.

Others I'll probably check out that I'd forgotten about: the new Tenchi Muyo, even if it's just shorts, and Selector Spread WIXOSS, because although the first season was poorly-paced I am curious to see what happens. I don't have big expectations for either of those, so maybe I won't stick with them, but I'll at least try them out.

09.29.2014, 04:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks