QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - ATTENTION NEW TAVERN MEMBERS: Introduction Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » ATTENTION NEW TAVERN MEMBERS: Introduction Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohh sweet! It's always fun living alone ^^ I need to befriend some chefs... seem like the best people to know xD all the food to be sampled! Haha good luck with the job

01.16.2015, 08:44 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha yeah, people always say that it is fun but because I work so much it gets lonely sometimes. Yes I do practice a lot at home

01.16.2015, 08:46 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, it seems a lot of jobs are like that. Hopefully it gets better with time though. A balanced life is pretty important for your health, after all.

01.16.2015, 08:51 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
potatotarzan
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by potatotarzan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

(I apologize for the overlapping conversations, lol.)

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I really do appreciate it!!

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Welcome potatotarzan - is that generally related to veganism? I hadn't made the connection.

Sorry, I was referring to this thread, where there was discussion of to what extent I came to this forum for the purpose of spreading the gospel of veganism, lol. But I've already said all I wanted to say on that subject, so I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not some kind of walking propaganda piece.

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I'm hoping we get enough people so we can do a year-long ghibli marathon, if possible.

I keep re-reading this sentence, but I still don't get it. How does a Ghibli marathon work? Do you mean you're going to have each member of the forum watch one Ghibli movie, or do you mean we're going to coordinate it so that everyone on the forum is watching all the Ghibli movies at the same time, or *brain explodes*

EDIT: Oh wait... *sees the topic "GHEEBLEE MAARAATHOONN"* O~oh...

That does sound like a fun idea, and I feel like a party pooper, but I'm going to have to count myself out. I'm just really slow at getting around to watching / reading stuff, for reasons that are difficult to explain. And plus... the only Ghibli movie I actually own on DVD is Howl's Moving Castle, lol. But I will join you guys in spirit.

EDIT 2: Just to clarify: The reason I'm so slow at reading and watching stuff is because I'm, for better or for worse, extremely conscious of my current mental state, and often when someone is like, "Hey, want to watch this movie right now?" I'm like, "Sorry, but I'm not in the right mood for it." This is something that drives everyone around me mad, lol!

But the upside is, I realize it when I'm, say, feeling depressed, so I take my gloomy thoughts less seriously than I would if I wasn't as conscious of my emotions.

I'm going to stop editing this post before it becomes gigantic!

Post last edited by potatotarzan on 01.16.2015, 09:57 PM.

01.16.2015, 09:07 PM potatotarzan is offline   Profile for potatotarzan Add potatotarzan to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Spidey - long timey no postey.

Which coast are you on, which general area? I may drop by and visit your restaurant - or are you at a hotel?

God luck with living on your own, its fun!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.17.2015, 07:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm enjoying my alone time

And having the time to mix with my friends...

01.17.2015, 12:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, he made it as a chef, so that's a good thing. Follow your dreams, lead a happy life, not a money-grubbing rat race, yea?

@potatotarzan: Your source don't really matter, it's really just a way for people to remember and relive the movies again, now that the studio is virtually dead. It's good if you can watch it but not exactly a must if you can follow the conversation enough, and even if you can't, that's what the other members are for.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.18.2015, 09:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
potatotarzan
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by potatotarzan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
@potatotarzan: Your source don't really matter, it's really just a way for people to remember and relive the movies again, now that the studio is virtually dead. It's good if you can watch it but not exactly a must if you can follow the conversation enough, and even if you can't, that's what the other members are for.

Well, I will probably follow along somewhat, I'm just going to try to stay non-committal about it.

01.18.2015, 06:22 PM potatotarzan is offline   Profile for potatotarzan Add potatotarzan to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No you will stay committed to it because Daddy says so >

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.19.2015, 09:30 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ignore the Roar, PT, He gets a little bossy sometimes... lol

01.19.2015, 01:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Ignore the Roar", sound advice unless you happen to be on Safari.

My Anime List

01.19.2015, 01:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.20.2015, 08:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Kaz and Roar... I was laughing until my eyes started watering...

01.20.2015, 12:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

One does not simply ignore a kitty roar.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.21.2015, 06:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A big warm welcome to our two newest members - Kailee Brambani and awakewaver who seem to have both popped up overnight (from a UK perspective).

Please introduce yourselves here, we don't need your life story, just saying 'hi' is cool.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.07.2015, 07:39 AM.

02.07.2015, 07:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
CheekyTWChick
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.22.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by CheekyTWChick Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi All,

Im fairly new to this, hopefully will be watching my first Ghibli film this evening...

My name is Sarah, I live in the UK.. Im a big sci fi fan loving things such as, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sherlock etc

Hope to speak to you on my very first Ghibli journey

02.22.2015, 01:26 PM CheekyTWChick is offline   Profile for CheekyTWChick Add CheekyTWChick to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Sarah! ^_^

Which Ghibli film have you decided to watch first? I'm sure you'll enjoy it, regardless...

My Anime List

02.22.2015, 02:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Welcome! Like Kaz I'm curious to know which Ghibli you've chosen to watch first.

02.22.2015, 03:47 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
CheekyTWChick
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.22.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by CheekyTWChick Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was going to watch Howl's Moving Castle, but hubby is ill, so looking after him instead

02.22.2015, 04:01 PM CheekyTWChick is offline   Profile for CheekyTWChick Add CheekyTWChick to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah, that was the first one I saw! It's been one of my all-time favourite films ever since. Hope the husband's well again soon so you can see it.

My Anime List

02.22.2015, 05:17 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks