QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Application for custom Rank image/title
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » Application for custom Rank image/title » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Application for custom Rank image/titlePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

According to this rule i am eligible for a custom rank image or title

quote:
Custom rankings eligible only for those with total postcount of above 1000, on a case-by-case basis, as a reward.

what is the technology here

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.14.2014, 04:52 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As stated, only on a case-by-case basis.

Generally, the member requests for a custom rank. Then, depending on his/her past activity on the forum, the request will be approved.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.14.2014, 07:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
As stated, only on a case-by-case basis.

Generally, the member requests for a custom rank. Then, depending on his/her past activity on the forum, the request will be approved.

it means a title, right?

in some other forums a custom image can also be used

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

01.14.2014, 10:25 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Count of Consternation"
"Duke of Debate"
"Prince of Perceptions"
"Queen of Questions" (no, that won't work)

Sorry, savior, I couldn't resist...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.14.2014, 02:06 PM.

01.14.2014, 02:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

no really i like them

any one is free to suggest but no slang words

01.14.2014, 03:56 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saviour, we don't really do that stuff around here. I've been here years and I have never seen anyone ever be given a custom title or image apart from Roar who gave himself a custom title when the site owner made him the administrator.

My advice is to drop the subject. If you of all people go asking for a custom title you'll only look foolish.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.14.2014, 07:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think I ever realised we even had such a rule. It's kinda funny also that most of the regular members now would be eligible for it.

01.14.2014, 10:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

But saddle most of the popular forums have this thing.

And i am not asking anybody to give me a name

as husky due to his good relationship with me just joked about giving me a title i was just assuring him that its alright. i even like some of them.

Whether i will have a custom rank or not is a matter within me and admins. I think it does not matter if other people did it or not. Overall it is not very important. I did not know about it. but when you talked about carly's image. I just looked at the forum rules and there was this rule and i asked.

But as roar said it will be given according to case by case basis.So i am not sure that i will get one. But you see i asked roar about the technology not for a title directly. let roar reply again.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 01.14.2014, 11:02 PM.

01.14.2014, 10:55 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@saddle: The rule wouldn't be in place if people hadn't asked for it.

There were quite a few requests for it some years ago around the time I created the Forum Rules, when we were discussing the titles UO made for different postcounts and somebody suggested giving out custom titles to great contributors to the forum. Some old members who are no longer here were granted that privilege.

The post count is stated at 1000 because the forum didn't have many members with that many posts, and unlike now, the number of posts needed to attain the maximum rank (Miyazaki's Best Friend) was 1000. I upped that number when our membership grew and the forum started getting more active. The requirement for a custom title doesn't change because getting to a thousand requires you to either be very, very active in the forum, or a very long member.

Most of you may not know this, but even though I'm not one of the early members of this forum, I was involved with the website before it was even online, when I was hanging out at Wingsee.

Any more questions?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.15.2014, 12:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

ontopic: am i eligible roar?

off-topic:totally unrelated

The presence of studio ghibli today in western audience whatever it is, is a result of long term collaboration between the websites (nausicaa,ghibliworld,wingsee and many many europian sites). Thing is after nausicaa went down at 2000 or before a step to put forward the names of ghibli on internet was taken. And these sites are really important so important that at a point many of interviews were co-taken for a newspaper/magazine with these websites. And the people behind these sites are important. And many reputed university professors are also associated with it.The anime clubs you see in many universities is a result of that. As you can see many of these sites were up before the winning of oscar of spirited away in 2003.most of all the material and things we see, even all the infos that people from famous medias take come from these sites. And roar is a member of that community, so is nausicaa_cat(she might have joined later). Now that this is the only site that is actually alive(by members). I looked for these things cause this really is a very different community, so i like to be a part of it. And i know some history of this site too from my personal talks with UO and roar. Now that we see a fairly constant performance of the site is due to the fact that sites server was at teragon networks(of which i was so terrified that several times asked UO about it that even before the downtime) eventually it has been moved to hostgator one of the best in scene. I am writing this for a reason, new things are tried to do things right. Otherwise we would have remain the same cave man we were. So i try to do things new things my way. Thats why i am a science student. Imagine that if the collaboration process that took placec did not happen then we would not have this site at all. And if you remember internet was not even a thing , i did not even know about internet. But those people took a step. it was even before the anime craze(traditional stupid shows). So we have this site. But now really the site is dated. when i asked UO updating it although he felt the need i think the work is overwhelming. When roar takes a job(i pray to allah that happens as soon as possible) he will be even more tired to come here. And if no Step is taken then i feel that this site will be lost too, how many days husky can keep it in icu. I feel that way cause most of the members are not here and the main site is not compelling enough to attract new visitors. its a fact cause google gives enough visitors. Why is this even necessary cause those people who made the steps in the past for us/(you can say me if its not applicable to you) makes me want to do something for future generations too. you saw that three wheeler tempo/truck in totoro. i would like someone to see it cause i think exceptionally few people will see one in the future. but they can see it if we provide the info. So overall i think our members of tavern can get a little bit motivated again and put forward another ten years work.

one thing i need to clarify i am not putting forward studio ghibli but their ideas.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 01.15.2014, 06:20 AM.

01.15.2014, 03:38 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, this is a thing?

Dibs on Supreme Overlord of the Universe. I've always thought I'd do a good job with it.

01.15.2014, 05:57 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Wow, this is a thing?

Dibs on Supreme Overlord of the Universe. I've always thought I'd do a good job with it.

and you mean what?

01.15.2014, 06:22 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Go for it, Madame Overlord...

01.15.2014, 11:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This just seems like a thing that this community doesn't want or need. It could cause divisions and we've existed without it for years. I think Fen made the point well, see how silly it would be?

It has a reverse value - anyone who asks for a special title doesn't deserve one.

Thats my view.

/exits thread.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.15.2014, 12:10 PM.

01.15.2014, 12:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Wow

01.15.2014, 01:14 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm normally in agreement with you, Saddles, but... divisions? I'd like to think we as a community are a bit more tight-knit and sensible than to get upset over some little titles under our usernames. And what kind of title could possibly cause divisions anyway? And... anyone who asks doesn't deserve it? Well, I guess no-one will be getting one then, since the 'deserving' (whatever that is) can't ask, and without asking you don't get...

My Anime List

01.15.2014, 02:11 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I don't see a dividing aspect in this idea, really.

If someone feels like they want their own personal title and it fits in the Forum rules and it passes with our Mod, then why not...

Me, I'm happy with my title as it is...

01.15.2014, 09:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe thanks for the support, husky. It was an inside joke from years ago, with none of the people who are here xD Personally, I don't see the point of going to that effort? But then, I never look at anything other than the name of the person posting and the content of the post.

In all seriousness, if it's in the rules, there is no need for a thread to request it. I feel like anyone interested should just PM Roar, as it is ultimately his decision. Or is it UO's?

01.16.2014, 03:14 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

overreacting level 9000

01.16.2014, 04:34 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

So I just discovered that there's a 25 character limit.

Hope you like the new title, fenkashi

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.16.2014, 11:14 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks