QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - turning off sigs
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » turning off sigs » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  turning off sigsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is there any option in the forum profile to switch off sigs? I don't mean yours, I mean to not see anybodys?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.13.2014, 07:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Profile > Edit Options. There's an option for showing other members' sigs.

01.13.2014, 08:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must be going senile. I went in and looked for that but didn't see it. Thanks!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.13.2014, 08:39 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I turned off sigs and avatars so many years ago. Super handy ^^

01.14.2014, 01:09 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You mean you're not looking at my wonderful Dragons???

sniff...

01.14.2014, 04:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I turned them off now as well. Too distracting. Who decided that 600x400 was okay for a sig image? Waaay too big!

01.14.2014, 05:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never had a problem with it, so I always just leave those kinds of things on in forums.

01.14.2014, 05:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

For me a long thin landscape sig image is okay, something along the lines of 150 to 200 px high and 800 wide, but when its a portrait style image thats a lot taller than it is wide it becomes more intrusive and 'wastes' screen space.

01.14.2014, 07:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like looking at sigs. It gives us all our own personal touch.

Also, when I read our posts, I imagine that we all look like our avatars, so I just leave it on.

07.11.2014, 07:47 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You have developed a very distorted view of Husky then.

07.11.2014, 07:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, I do.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 07.12.2014, 07:52 AM.

07.11.2014, 08:05 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh now, that is just BAD!!!!!

Where's the Hot Pot.....

We got a Tanuki that's gonna disappear!!!!

================================

I ain't near that big and I wear more clothes than that, except when swimming...

Mr. Chef, dull up your carving knives, we gonna have STRESSED Tanuki!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.11.2014, 09:46 PM.

07.11.2014, 09:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I always associate people with their avatars too, unless I know better. I think that's pretty normal.

07.11.2014, 09:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Now I like Sumomo and her characterization and that's why she is my avatar. I was going to get a tat or her on my left upper arm, but now that I'm on blood thinners, not a good idea, dang it. I'd be knee deep in blood before that artist was done, lol

07.11.2014, 09:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I'm sorry if I offended you Husky. I won't do it again. And now I shall post like lightning to reach calcifer and not be eaten!

07.12.2014, 07:51 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can understand turning off sigs but I find it easier when scrolling to notice whose posted what if I have the avatar on.

Plus all the character images from the RPG are nice! A little souvenir of bygone days.

EDIT: Plus I wonder who looks the most like their avatar? Probably not Husky, no.

I always weirdly imagined Fen being similar in appearance to hers ahah.

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 07.12.2014, 10:59 AM.

07.12.2014, 10:58 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Having seen the one picture of her, I agree with the avatar look-a-like for fen...

07.12.2014, 11:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The dark hair works well for Fen, I agree. I actually think NC looks like Chi a lot! The real Arren definitely looks like Hibiki.

...and if course Roar is just... Roar.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.12.2014, 08:02 PM.

07.12.2014, 08:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can't really remember what most of you guys look like other than husky, Kaz and FFF. Wish I'd seen fen's face though, she and mush like to keep to their rule of not showing their face online. I get where they're coming from though.

07.13.2014, 02:43 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

You look at fen's avatar, you're not far off... believe it, she, like all our girls, is a cutie...

07.13.2014, 03:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks