QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - That's amazing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » That's amazing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must have missed where this Mehve page is???

01.09.2014, 03:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thats why i always loved GOOGLE [right now i dont like it very much]

https://www.google.com/logos/lem/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanis%C5%82aw_Lem

@husky there is a japanese page[and it means rarely updated and outdated] for mehve

however there is some videos of it. see the link in mush's [the word mehve] post just after roar .

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 01.09.2014, 04:27 AM.

01.09.2014, 04:24 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks, savior and Mush for showing that video... I'd have never believed that it would be stable enough to actually fly...

also, I solved the nothingness puzzle... it just kind of drew me on...

01.09.2014, 08:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

this is a must for japan studies student

and also very good for everyone specially history and arts

the silk road with charming music from kitaro a landmark documentary from NHK.

silk road 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CedMwqCNP...3EA21B3FBAA90CF

silk road 2
http://www.infocobuild.com/books-and-fil...lk-road-ii.html

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

02.01.2014, 06:21 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
Speaking of planes, did anyone already post the Mehve project update?

One of the comments to the video says it has a gyro-stabiliser which makes sense, though I don't know if this was a statement or a question

There's comments in another video about differential drag between the centre wing sections and the wingtips.

To me it does look highly unstable and a jet engine powered plane controlled by bodyweight seems a dangerous mix!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.01.2014, 07:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I agree... Not much time for corrections if a mistake is made... Especially during take-off or landing...

02.01.2014, 02:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

its for fun guys. and cant fly high

02.01.2014, 11:45 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

although i dont exactly share this view

it is hilarious

"When an Engineer Found No Girl in His Class[or department], This is How He Found His Peace"

roar might find some consolation[ or it should be condolence not sure]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 02.21.2014, 03:01 PM.

02.21.2014, 02:59 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Ghost in Shell is one of the most fulfilling science fiction i have ever came in touch

see micro-machine as treatment

http://wonderfulengineering.com/robotic-...onal-medicines/

Though i dont like most of the ideas in GITS. I happen to like micro robotic treatment. Specially in case of cancer i think i should be very effective atleast much more than chemotherapy. But it was shown negatively in GITS

03.03.2014, 01:13 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

This is too much awesome

http://io9.com/how-soviet-artists-imagin...dium=socialflow

04.04.2014, 09:16 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is not just amazing.

READ.

http://storiesforyourscreen.com/annie96-is-typing/

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.02.2014, 06:43 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A nice piece of fiction...

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.02.2014, 08:40 AM.

05.02.2014, 08:39 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This needs to be shared.

EDIT: Yay, youtube tags work!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.02.2014, 10:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

I dont know if you guys saw this or not but it is the most awesome fanmade stuff i have ever seen

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 05.29.2014, 11:44 PM.

05.29.2014, 11:43 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really cool, especially for a fan film. It's a shame that a Hollywood remake is in the works, because there's no way it'll do justice to the Akira we know. I think it just suits the original media better than live-action film.

By the way, what is the tag for embedding YouTube videos? I know we can do it but I don't know how.

05.30.2014, 03:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

It is quite easy

"["youtube"]"the video id"["/youtube"]"

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 05.30.2014, 04:26 AM.

05.30.2014, 04:25 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

That's really impressive work, catches the mood exactly. Good effects too without being OTT like they would be if there was a huge budget put into them.

I was especially impressed with their Tetsuo actor - he even looks like the animated Tetsuo.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.30.2014, 06:47 AM.

05.30.2014, 06:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
It is quite easy

"["youtube"]"the video id"["/youtube"]"

Thank you!

I agree that the effects are very nicely done, and it all suits the style of the original.

05.30.2014, 01:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Just leaving these here, even if it's kinda old You can't read it on mobile though because it needs the javascript. Get a desktop, grab some friends, enjoy.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=3502
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nh...amp;weekday=tue

Link to artist. Too bad his other works aren't translated. Also, by another artist:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nh...amp;weekday=mon

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.31.2014, 12:59 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Not sure if "amazing" is the word, but this woman's videos are very, very strange.

06.02.2014, 08:21 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks