QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Spammers
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » Spammers » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  SpammersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

2 more in the Gen Discussion forum, Abercrombie and Nike.

1 Abercrombie in the Ghiblie area.

1 Nike in the Other Anime forum.

Please kill them with fire.

I reported the threads but I don't know if the report button is working. Is it fixed yet UO?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.27.2012, 11:51 AM.

09.27.2012, 11:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I reported the same ones myself, Saddles. The button was repaired a while back. But the Mods (lol) aren't always online so it sometimes takes awhile before they're (spammers) deleted.

At least I think that is what is happening.

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.27.2012, 09:12 PM.

09.27.2012, 09:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, I also saw those. As far as I know the report button is okay, but as Husky says, there are usually no mods around. It might be a good idea if UO or Roar could make a more regular member a mod so that we could deal with spam a bit faster.

09.28.2012, 10:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On thinking about it, possibly a mod with the limited provision of dealing with the spammers only. Because they seen to have increased in recent weeks... That way the new mod wouldn't have to deal with all the duties of a full-time mod.

Goes away hoping that the above makes sense...

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.28.2012, 01:56 PM.

09.28.2012, 01:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah well, life sucks. I need to cut down on my workload.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.28.2012, 10:25 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

User alacratstore is our latest spammer. His sig is suspicious.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.02.2012, 12:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mhm, I noticed and just reported them.

My Anime List

10.02.2012, 12:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

reported them earlier this AM...

10.02.2012, 04:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I finally fixed the forum so the "reason" for reporting is showing up in the emails i receive.

10.27.2012, 06:37 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

so we have french spammers now :S

11.01.2012, 07:15 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I don't know French so I don't know what the person ewas talking about,. All I could make out from one post was something about an "aluminum grill" ???

11.01.2012, 12:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Long random posts from a brand new user with hypertext links in are spam, regardless of the language. Report them.

11.01.2012, 01:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Agreed. I reported all three of them last night/ early this morning and I notice that the posts are already gone... That was fast.

Thanks guys...

11.01.2012, 04:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Long random posts from a brand new user with hypertext links in are spam, regardless of the language. Report them.

LOL
when i joined, the site was very quiet and i probably made a lot of random posts.and they were very long

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 11.03.2012, 08:20 AM.

11.03.2012, 08:20 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RK has more links in his sig than the spammers

11.03.2012, 08:21 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only two! And it's for the RPG!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.03.2012, 08:28 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

That was why I used the question marks, as i wasn't sure...

RK's a spammer!!!!

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.04.2012, 05:01 AM.

11.04.2012, 05:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Handbags and Pandora in Ghibli Discussions...

12.05.2012, 10:02 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is getting a bit silly. 3 new threads in General Discussion section.

12.06.2012, 02:27 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ehhhh. Oakley Eyeglasses Affordable Precision Filtration in General Discussions...

EDIT: Nike Delivers Nike No cost Go Light source 2013 in Ghibli Discussions. Both spam threads by Brarion.

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 03.08.2013, 11:17 PM.

03.08.2013, 11:10 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks