QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - ATTENTION NEW TAVERN MEMBERS: Introduction Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » ATTENTION NEW TAVERN MEMBERS: Introduction Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  ATTENTION NEW TAVERN MEMBERS: Introduction ThreadPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fen asked me to make one so she could get to know me better.

UN: FlareNetworkC
Nickname: Flare
Favorite Tavern Member: Can't decide! Don't want to offend anyone.
Favorite ghibli: Kiki's Delivery Service, though I'll have to re-watch Spirited Away before I decide for sure.
Reason why I joined the Tavern: I wanted to be in the elimination games, but I soon discovered that the Tavern was so much more.
Age range: 16-21 (you'll have to guess )
Hobbies: Reading, writing, running, watching anime, swimming, and just enjoying life on summer break.
Thread Ideas: New Rpg, an annual tavern awards thread.

Traits: Energetic, somewhat sarcastic, apolegetic, tends to be hyper, likes to spice things up. I can be the most calm member in the tavern sometimes, though.

And that's it! If a tavern member wants to make a post about themself, kind of like a profile, do it here.

Love all you people!

07.26.2014, 09:20 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Official welcome!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.26.2014, 09:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Flare? Flare? I seem to recall someone by that user name... been so long though... must have been a week or so at least....

Well, whoever you are, Welcome to the Tavern...

07.26.2014, 02:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha ha, Husky. Very funny.

07.27.2014, 06:55 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome! Sorry for the slightly delayed response to your lovely introduction D:

It's great officially "meeting" you ^^

Are you 17? Is this a guessing game where you actually answer?

08.03.2014, 08:26 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well we could do 20 questions and get him to reveal all his dirty secrets.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.04.2014, 01:22 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only if we get to guess you, Roar.

And I was joking about the guess. Internet safety, right? Well, I trust you guys, but still, internet safety.

08.09.2014, 07:04 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now 20 questions would be a good game. I guess we ask 20 questions of one Tavern member each week.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.10.2014, 07:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
potatotarzan
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.02.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by potatotarzan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello all!! This seemed like a cool place, so I thought I'd drop in. I'm hoping to tell you all about something important (suspense!), but for now I just wanted to say hi.

I recently saw The Wind Rises and thought it was amazing! (Still the best movie I've gone to all year.) I also found the Nausicaa movie to be very inspiring, and I plan to journey through the manga soon. (I pronounce it "Na~a~o~ooshka." )

Btw, my avatar is from the anime Rozen Maiden, which is my favorite TV show! (But I still haven't watched the third season... I am a very slo~ow person. But it's mostly because I'm reading the manga right now.)

Oh yeah, and I am always doing battle with my internet addiction, so if you start seeing me around here a lot, tell me to go for a walk or something.

01.02.2015, 10:41 PM potatotarzan is offline   Profile for potatotarzan Add potatotarzan to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, PotatoTarzan...

And we'd never chastise you for being around too much...

Enjoy...

01.03.2015, 02:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hello... Pot... I was going to write your name and then realised how strange it was. Strange and yet somehow cool too. Very odd. You will probably fit in well round here with a username like that.

Anyhoo, welcome!

I agree, Kaze Tachinu is a most wonderful film, quite unlike anything I've ever seen, either animated or live action.

And to everyone else - what happened to Flare?

01.03.2015, 07:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
potatotarzan
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by potatotarzan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Hello... Pot... I was going to write your name and then realised how strange it was. Strange and yet somehow cool too. Very odd. You will probably fit in well round here with a username like that.

LOL! I am glad to hear! When I act weird on other forums, everyone seems to just think I'm confused or something.

01.03.2015, 06:41 PM potatotarzan is offline   Profile for potatotarzan Add potatotarzan to your buddy list
potatotarzan
Kodama

Btw, this has been bugging me, so I just want to make this clear: my username has absolutely nothing to do with the vegan stuff. I go by potatotarzan on a different site, where I've never said a world about the environment. It's just supposed to be random!

Also, since age seems to be a theme here: I am in the 21-25 range.

01.06.2015, 01:46 PM potatotarzan is offline   Profile for potatotarzan Add potatotarzan to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Actually, PT, if I may shorten your nick for convenience, age really isn't a theme, I merely mentioned it earlier to show you that all ages are represented in here. We are world-wide as well and male and female, but in the past we didn't always know which was which. It doesn't matter, we love Ghibli and that is what binds us together as a family. I have spoken with people from different parts of Europe, Asia, South America, North America, Australia and New Zealand, and the eastern Orient. Many have moved on, but that is the way of it in real life. Some still pop in now and then to see what is going on. But we all loved Ghibli and that was enough.

Enjoy the Tavern...

01.06.2015, 05:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here and stick around etc etc

01.08.2015, 10:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome potatotarzan! Hope you stay for a while

01.10.2015, 03:39 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, welcome! I'm the almost-never-around admin haha. But enjoy your stay, I'm hoping we get enough people so we can do a year-long ghibli marathon, if possible.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.15.2015, 07:39 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey all I am not new, but I have been absent for some time been so busy moving and working I forgot about this place.

Hoping everyone is well, and glad to be back wohoo 2015

01.16.2015, 08:23 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome potatotarzan - is that generally related to veganism? I hadn't made the connection.

And welcome back Spidey~ Happy new year! moving far? Or just moving houses?

01.16.2015, 08:33 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I moved about 3 hours away, still in England moved down to the coast. I now live alone, and have my own place Working full time as well, as a chef of course. Happy New year to you as well Fen

01.16.2015, 08:38 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
[  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks