QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Goodbye friends
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Goodbye friends Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Goodbye friendsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The last month has been very inspiring and entertaining for me. i knew about studio ghibli and came here and met some cool friends.

here i met people all over the world. they were good and reasonable.
i think i made some pace in this site. i have made approximately 10+ thread and 150+ posts. and i think the most responses were to my posts. Many things i did not agree with you,and in many things you did not agree with me. but i learned many things from you. these thing will be preserved in my memory.

many may think i am a new guy but i do not think that way. i think i have made some friends. i have learned how to respect people from different culture. Am i completely unknown to you? or Are you completely unknown to me? i do not know about you but i think you are not completely unknown to me. i have learned husky has 6 grandchildren , kazegami lost his father for some hours , calforsale has a irish ancestory, saddletank worked 10 years for church, Nausicaa_cat has a very good skill in writing, Orphic Okapi wants to go backward in time to be like older cultures , and roar is like my big brother same continent same religion same height even same area of study[engineering]. there are more like fenkashi,wikidkid,captain george,foreignfilmfreak,arren, mockie poet and many other names i do not remember[i do not remember things very well so forgive me].

i do not know about you but i will surely miss you guys for some time.

i have always said that this forum is unlike any other in the world. here many people joined in their early teen years and continued after that. I am new but i surely understand the feelings. another thing we surely are better than those religious leader or politicians they like war better than talking.

So take care of yourself.If anyone is offended by any of my words please forgive me it is due to my deficiency in creative English writing.

So it is time to say good bye. Maybe we will meet after two or three or even more months later.

quote:
Originally posted by husky51 on 28th february,2012
I will say this about the Tavern...
If I am not seen in here for a month or so, it will probably be because I am unable to post in any way, shape or form; probably due to illness or death. Hay, I'm honest about it. I'm old, haven't taken care of myself when younger, and don't do a great deal of healthful living even now. I do some things, but I don't go overboard about it. Which probably drives my doctor nuts, lol

I will be a Tavern member for as long as I and the Tavern survive...
OK, serious stuff over...

[to husky take care of yourself please, do not die for me or at least i come back]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.27.2012, 12:37 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the time that you have spent here, it has certainly livened up the Tavern. We may not all agree with your arguments, but that is the nice thing about it. We can agree to dis-agree...

I am making the assumption that you are returning to your studies and won't have time for the Forum, but we hope that you will stay in touch.

BTW, that's 16 grandchildren.... some natural and some step-, but I love'm all...

03.27.2012, 01:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You'll be back....

03.27.2012, 01:16 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To be honest I don't understand why people make posts like this; either you'll be around or you won't and unless something major and life-changing has happened to you that physically prevents you being here then these sorts of farewell statements are merely pompous.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.27.2012, 01:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, I'll miss all the livid debate mehself. Really got me back into this forum...

03.27.2012, 01:46 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
To be honest I don't understand why people make posts like this; either you'll be around or you won't and unless something major and life-changing has happened to you that physically prevents you being here then these sorts of farewell statements are merely pompous.

Has saviour ever said anything without us questioning it? i'll miss his mostly ridiculous comments for the few weeks he is out. A 'savoiur's shiny new quote' thread was probably just around the corner

03.27.2012, 02:13 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
quote:

Has saviour ever said anything without us questioning it? i'll miss his mostly ridiculous comments for the few weeks he is out. A 'savoiur's shiny new quote' thread was probably just around the corner

LOL!! I totally agree, but hey, I haven't really taken part in many of saviors debates, like most I think some of his ideas are invalid and rediculous, but his views and opinions will be missed, to deny that saviour has livened up this site is like denying that England is a tea drinking country!

03.27.2012, 04:28 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WHAT!!!
a tea drinking country!!!!

but...
but...
my great-great-grandfather owned a coffee shop in Lewisham...

hahaha, just funning with ya, wiki. I remember many a time of drinking tea with my Grandmother...

03.27.2012, 05:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
WHAT!!!
a tea drinking country!!!!

but...
but...
my great-great-grandfather owned a coffee shop in Lewisham...

hahaha, just funning with ya, wiki. I remember many a time of drinking tea with my Grandmother...

LOL!! I found out the other day that on average the UK consume 165 million cups of tea a day. That is over 1 BILLION a week and 52 BILLION a year!!

*EDIT* I wouldn't own anything in lewisham nowadays on the basis, that I would be afraid to lose it to thugs. Honestly, South London is not what it use to be! Bring back the mafia thats what I say, that will soon keep the thugs in order.

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 03.27.2012, 05:51 PM.

03.27.2012, 05:47 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHA, we are talking about 1864 or so.... Lot of changes since then, I'm sure...

03.27.2012, 06:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was curious that he chose to leave just when we were really putting him on the spot in those two debates.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.27.2012, 06:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope you'll come back Saviour. Even though we all have many views of hot topics, we all love ghibli, and thats what is important about this forum !

03.28.2012, 12:08 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
HAHAHA, we are talking about 1864 or so.... Lot of changes since then, I'm sure...

LOL, fair enough. It was probably far different back then, would love to have seen what it was like back then.

03.28.2012, 04:34 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

1864 it aint, but here is an accurate video of how life was in 1870, the year Germany was unified under Bismark and the 15th amendment came into US law

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw

For the lulz, that's why

03.28.2012, 06:41 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
It was curious that he chose to leave just when we were really putting him on the spot in those two debates.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the luxury of having internet connection 24/7 It's one of those luxuries we take for granted that cannot be found in third-world countries.

I remember my time in Thailand, when I made that announcement that I would be away for half a year, turns out I could indeed come online, but only once every few weeks when I went to Bangkok.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.01.2012, 10:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Huh, weird, Roar. XD I never considered that. I kind of notice that with people I have on facebook. A lot come from one country but different cities. The ones in more rural areas are hardly online.

Weird. Also explains why my classmate who was staying in Korea for a week then Thailand wasn't online at all when she went to Thailand except when she was in Bangkok. Same with a Thai dancer I like who is on youtube (that, and he lost his apartment in the flood).

04.01.2012, 07:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He told me via PM, how high-speed broadband is really expensive where he lives, so he only goes online during long breaks or similar events. Which is why he's "leaving", his school term is restarting.

For such rural towns, internet is only available in lan shops, costing roughly a dollar an hour, depending on region and shop.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.02.2012, 01:49 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Never thought about it like that, I just take it for granted that as soon as I log into my laptop it is just a click of a button away! Wouldn't know what to do without internet connection especially WI-FI!

04.02.2012, 11:58 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

and saviour DID say earlier that he was starting back up in school soon...

04.02.2012, 01:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Phone sux, but Daddy-o can still exert ban powers.
-Roarkiller

04.18.2012, 01:37 AM  
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks