QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Re-Imagined Poster Art for Hayao Miyazaki's Classic Films
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Re-Imagined Poster Art for Hayao Miyazaki's Classic Films » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.05.12
  Re-Imagined Poster Art for Hayao Miyazaki's Classic FilmsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jina445 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Link

03.10.2012, 12:11 PM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One word...... EPIC!!!!

Nuff said!!

03.10.2012, 12:13 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No Kiki?

03.10.2012, 03:40 PM  
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice artwork, jina...

Thanks for sharing with us...

03.10.2012, 04:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

very nice

I know 3d can never give the colors and softness we see in ghibli .but I could invent a plugin for this purpose in 3d studio max and maya.('')('') If only studio ghibli gives me a job in their studio ('')('')('')('') [i will be of no use because i can not draw but suzuki asked goro to learn 3d so i am thinking if..............]

source:move to the 7th paragraph of newsbytes

nausicaa news

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.11.2012, 03:08 AM.

03.11.2012, 03:07 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Art of Howie's Nausicaa is pretty damn good. Not too hot about the others though, to be honest.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.11.2012, 10:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why is Haku a wolf?

I like the steampunk Laputa concept since I thought the movie was extremely steampunky anyway... but where are the two leading characters? Who's the fat guy on the left and... is that meant to be Dola on the right?

The Mononoke one is plain ugly. I like the first Spirited Away one and the Howl one is nice but as Roar says, many of them lack something and I especially dislike Caucasian faces in settings where we know the protagonists are meant to be Japanese.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.11.2012, 11:13 AM.

03.11.2012, 11:10 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What Roar said, but in different words

03.12.2012, 07:49 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Ivynwater
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.30.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ivynwater Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think they are all imaginative and very, very, well excuted. I must say, though, that while at the first few images I was "oohhh", "wow" etc....after a while I got bored aof 3D and I found the posters, always beautiful but far too much away from the magic of Ghibli original creations and lacking totally of identity. Sorry.....I still envy the craft of the creators though, I would love to be as good as them.

Ivynwater

05.07.2012, 09:14 AM Ivynwater is offline   Profile for Ivynwater Add Ivynwater to your buddy list Homepage of Ivynwater
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, a couple I wasn't a huge fan of, but I liked one of the Spirited Away ones and the Nausicaa one a lot

05.07.2012, 11:09 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Re-imagined posters for classic Hideo Miyazaki films"
...Hideo Miyazaki
...Hideo Miyazaki
...Hideo Miyazaki
...Hideo Miyazaki

05.11.2012, 08:56 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
msteve60
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.30.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by msteve60 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

These are all well-made and you obviously have a lot of talent, but I didn't like the way you drew most of the protagonists. For this one, my favorite was the first Nausicaa one

08.02.2012, 08:00 PM msteve60 is offline   Profile for msteve60 Add msteve60 to your buddy list
Jxudo
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.12.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jxudo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The one for Totoro, the Nausicaa one where it doesn't show her face, and the Spirited away one where Kohaku is in the S shape are the only good ones, IMO.

The other ones just don't capture Miyazaki's style. And the Ponyo one reminds me too much of a Disney Pixar movie.

08.08.2012, 03:05 PM Jxudo is offline   Profile for Jxudo Add Jxudo to your buddy list Homepage of Jxudo
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks