QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Appearance and Weight
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Appearance and Weight » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I agree with ya, NC. :B And we're about the same size. It makes me feel weird when girls complain over their pant size and whatnot and I have a bigger size (I got me some long leggies). lol

Like the time my best friend, who was always bigger than me, basically starved herself and would up in my clothing size. Then she treated it like it was still too big and I believe smirked at me. ._.;

While I'm also in the end of my teenage years, I haven't experienced any weight gain. That might be due to my shift to a vegetarian diet though last year. I wound up losing about 10 lbs. Sure I gained a little, but that's my winter weight. lol

My boyfriend is pretty cautious over his weight. He's about 5'7" and making... 62 kg. Not very much for a little fellow like him. But his friends make him so conscious. His mom calls him fat but she's all bone. lol He likes how I'm "chubby" because he can hug me and not feel bone like he does every other girl he's ever hugged. Pfft.

03.25.2012, 09:08 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nausicaa_Cat
As far as my looks go I'm not really sure on them. There are days when I think I'm passable at least, but there are other days when I find myself extremely unattractive. I worry a lot about what other people think and that probably contributes to it.

Ah i feel that too. A lot. I think the thing i'm most self-conscious about is my height. I don't know it exactly, but it is some where between 5'3" and 5'4"..... oh and i'm a boy btw hahaha and like here in Australia i think the average height for men is 5'10".... lol

I also hate how young i look. I know it might benefit me later on life, but i hate the way people treat me, it feels so demeaning. I am 19, but people treat me like a 12 year old because well that's how i look.

03.25.2012, 09:29 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saviour: Yes, that's my real face. I don't really care about security, really.

@husky: Find me a gf and I'll believe you

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.26.2012, 12:35 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, although it's no laughing matter...

Wish I could help, Roar, but there is a distance thing and I have no more daughters to give...

03.26.2012, 02:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
hahaha, although it's no laughing matter...

Wish I could help, Roar, but there is a distance thing and I have no more daughters to give...

well said husky well said

though roar will be a great son-in-law because he is going to be a mechanical engineer within two years.[but i can understand roar's view as i know most of the girls do not want to go engineering university they go to medical college in asia (my personal view is against having a girlfriend but in islam as long as there is a third person in between there is no problem in having a girlfriend actually our prophet's first marriage was a love marriage)]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.26.2012, 02:15 PM.

03.26.2012, 02:10 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was one of those sickly skinny kids and I never thought I would have any trouble with weight when I got older. (I am ¼ Native American and I’ve always had a very round face & all the women in my family are big busted & round themselves -should have been a sign. ha-ha) But after 3 kids and a pretty bad time after my divorce, I am very overweight-by about 60 lbs. In the past 10 years I’ve lost and gained 2 or 3 times, but I bounce back. Guess what, fad diets don’t work! LOL

I’ve always frowned upon my daughters wanting to look like this person or that person or thinking they are ugly and so on. I don’t read any of those rag type magazines nor do we watch any reality TV shows or teen shows and I don’t talk about people’s weight.
But I do feel like slapping those that think Marilyn Monroe is fat!

My oldest daughter is 15, 5’5, 125 lbs. and I think she should be fine with that, but she’s not. (A year ago she was 178 lbs.) Maybe she’s afraid she’ll wined up like me, maybe she feels pressure from other girls at school or maybe losing weight has become addictive? I don’t know but it’s getting so serious, I’m thinking about getting her professional help. It’s all she talks/thinks about! She wants to be 105 lbs- it’s a struggle to get her to take even 3 bites of dinner. She has a boyfriend; he doesn’t seem to have a problem with her appearance.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.26.2012, 05:29 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Mokie...

My ex-stepdad is 1/4 Cherokee from Muskogee (no kidding, an Okie from Muskogee, lol). We ended up on the same ship together and when we were homeported in Yokosuka, mom and little sister were there with us. They split a few years after we got back to the States, mostly because of mom, IMO, but that is life...

I have to respect his decision, but I haven't seen or spoken to him since, his choice. My sis and I still love him...

He was a helluva a man. He was only 5'6", just like I was...

03.26.2012, 06:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
as long as there is a third person in between there is no problem in having a girlfriend
LOL, what?

My Anime List

03.26.2012, 06:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, Roar or Saviour, why do so many women from Asia want to go into medical careers and engineering careers for men? I've been noticing this a lot. My boyfriend was pressured into going into computer engineering by his friends, but he wants to go be a nurse now that he's moved here. But a lot of his female friends and my sister's friends too all mostly want to be nurses (which is hard here, because there are very few positions for nurses right now).

I dunno, I found it odd. His parents used to work as managers of plants in Asia. His mom kind of does that here too. Most people here want to be doctors or teachers. There aren't many job positions that are open in that field here either, which sucks for me. :/ I'm going to have to move to another province by the looks of things.. sigh. I love how pretty it is here, but.. yeah.

Aw, Mokie, I was that way at 15. About 5'5" and 120 lbs. I looked almost anorexic, but that's how it goes for me. I lose about 20 lbs in a month, which should be outlawed, but I lose weight easy. :/ Yet I still ate. Wish I knew a way to help you with your daughter. She should eat. My sister's that age and really conscious about her weight (about 5'4" and 150 lbs. She's not at all plump looking, but she thinks she is. She weighs a lot more than she looks).

03.26.2012, 08:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i do not know for sure . there are two explanations one is women in asia think themselves that they are not very good in math, they think they are more good in memorizing.this explanation also says that women are more loving and caring than man [it is very true] so taking doctors job by women will do better for patients. But this explanation has a crack that is it is not very true that women are not good in math, they are good if they try.

another explanation is better.this says that engineering jobs necessitates moving more than doctors. But it is a universal truth that women can not move as fast as man. so women, mostly parents think that engineering job will not do them any good because they can not posses higher posts faster by their quality as they are slow. and fastness is a need in engineering. but doctors most of the time stays in hospitals so this moving part does not hold women back so they think they will do better in this area.

and please will you use kg. i all time have to convert lbs to kg to understand or compare. and it is a international system now.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.27.2012, 04:41 AM.

03.27.2012, 04:38 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
and please will you use kg. i all time have to convert lbs to kg to understand or compare. and it is a international system now.

ah yeah it is annoying me too haha

03.27.2012, 06:48 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

People use different systems, deal. It doesn't take two seconds to convert. People here use stones, most people I know online use pounds, others kg.

My Anime List

03.27.2012, 07:09 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:

another explanation is better.this says that engineering jobs necessitates moving more than doctors. But it is a universal truth that women can not move as fast as man. so women, mostly parents think that engineering job will not do them any good because they can not posses higher posts faster by their quality as they are slow. and fastness is a need in engineering. but doctors most of the time stays in hospitals so this moving part does not hold women back so they think they will do better in this area.

I am not sure how you would explain female fighter plane pilots, then... speed of thought and response are surely needed here...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.27.2012, 12:52 PM.

03.27.2012, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh God, the sexism, it hurts. Of course many women can move faster than men...

My Anime List

03.27.2012, 02:08 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
@Mokie...

My ex-stepdad is 1/4 Cherokee from Muskogee (no kidding, an Okie from Muskogee, lol). We ended up on the same ship together and when we were homeported in Yokosuka, mom and little sister were there with us. They split a few years after we got back to the States, mostly because of mom, IMO, but that is life...

I have to respect his decision, but I haven't seen or spoken to him since, his choice. My sis and I still love him...

He was a helluva a man. He was only 5'6", just like I was...

I'm Cherokee too- from Skiatook OK, grew up in Osage County. Its funny growing up in OK everyone just knew that I was Indian, but when we moved to TX everyone assumes I'm Mexican. One of these days, I do need to learn Spanish, since people are always trying to speak to me in Spanish.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.27.2012, 02:11 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, Me, I was born in Vancouver, BC of English ancestry and have had a number of people stop me on the street and start speaking Spanish to me. When I answered that I don't speak Spanish, three times I got the reply, "No es Mexicano?" I know that I have a great tan, but other than that, sheesh.... lol

I know a lot of Spanish words from living in So Calif and classes in college, but I am not fluent.

Of course, most people don't think about it, but there are in Mexico a number of French, Russian and Chinese descended people that have been there for decades... These are from the invading armies of long ago.

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.27.2012, 03:13 PM.

03.27.2012, 03:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You know, one appearance-related thing that girls seem to get really worked up over, and I don't understand why, is stretch marks. Scars as well (well, stretch marks are a type of scar technically).

But yes, I don't understand why some people freak out over them so much... they happen naturally from growth and from changes in weight... And they're not ugly. They're not gross. They look kind of like very faint tiger stripes. I know if you go to Google images there are horrific pictures there but that's showing the absolute most severe cases. Normal cases are nothing whatsoever to be worried about if you ask me, but people make such a thing of it.

The same with scars. Some people seem so terrified of getting a scar anywhere, but, y'know, see above. There's nothing gross about them, they don't reflect badly on you, they're just a faint mark from a wound, nothing more, nothing less.

I understand that some wounds and diseases can leave really nasty marks, I'm just referring to people freaking out over very minor ones that no-one would even notice or care about.

My Anime List

03.27.2012, 04:01 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know this is off topic, and I don't want this to seem rude but where are you from Kazegami?

03.27.2012, 05:37 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The UK. Why do you ask?

My Anime List

03.27.2012, 06:41 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
it is a universal truth that women can not move as fast as man.

Oh gawd, please save it. Not in this thread too, please!

I love how its "a universal truth", just the same way that animals don't have gay sex is a "universal truth".

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.27.2012, 07:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks