QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howl's Moving Castle Blu-ray (Japan import)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Howl's Moving Castle Blu-ray (Japan import) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.25.12
  Howl's Moving Castle Blu-ray (Japan import)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ghibli101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it worth buying? I really want to see Howl's Moving Castle on Blu-ray, but don't see a release date for the U.S.

There's a few things I'm tentative about. The first is the navigation around menus. I cannot read or understand Japanese at all, so I'm hoping the menus are easy to navigate.

The second thing is the audio quality. It seems you get the original Japanese track with DTS-HD audio, but then the English track is just DTS (no HD). I am assuming it is similar audio quality to DVD.

A third thing I'm tentative about is the cost ($87). Unless I can use this Blu-ray in a practical way, I'm not sure if $87 is worth what I get. But then I'm looking down the barrel of waiting a long time for the possible U.S. release.

Has anyone had experience with this Blu-ray release?

Thank you.

06.25.2012, 11:42 AM ghibli101 is offline   Profile for ghibli101 Add ghibli101 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It should already be out in the US already, it is out in the UK already, normally things like this are always released in the US first!!

06.28.2012, 11:51 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks