QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Lets open a Facebook group
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Lets open a Facebook group » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
Lets open a Facebook groupPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Online ghibli is one of the best sites for Ghibli news and one of the oldest [i do not know for sure but i saw many users registered more than 10 years ago and 10 year is a long time for any website] Though tavern is one of the best forums ,it has a very little traffic about 30-50 people mostly.So to increase that and also to give people reliable news we should open a group. There are some groups already but they are mostly very small or non-English. So i am proposing that we should open a facebook group. There is a huge supporter of ghibli in facebook.

This site is hosted on teragon networks and it only hosted some fansites. I saw its site and i was pretty much shocked to see that site is nothing but a list,no contact info ,no company info.
if that company suddenly crashes then onlineghibli will be down too. It is very shocking.So we must open a group so that even this site is down we would still be able to contact each others.
But Roarkiller is the administrator here so i can not start that without his permission.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.11.2012, 05:36 AM.

03.08.2012, 07:14 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You can create a Ghibli Facebook Group without anyone's permision and invite peple from here to join, its no problem.

Roarkiller isn't the adminsitartor here, UO ons the site. You could send him a PM if you'd lke official Tavern support for your group.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.08.2012, 02:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
jina445
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.05.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jina445 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saviour, GREAT IDEA!
let us know about the address.

i'm sure Ghibli need a fan place where there are updates and news! there's no english site for that!!!!

03.09.2012, 02:37 AM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Need helpPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Guys need help

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.10.2012, 07:02 AM.

03.10.2012, 01:46 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you link the group here, we can then join.

03.10.2012, 03:09 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is an absolutely great idea!

03.10.2012, 06:44 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't have Facebook (I deleted my account a few months ago, and I'm glad I did). Facebook has killed (among other things) many forums, I guess this is our turn. Oh, well

03.10.2012, 09:31 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
I don't have Facebook (I deleted my account a few months ago, and I'm glad I did). Facebook has killed (among other things) many forums, I guess this is our turn. Oh, well

I made the group to save the forum not to destroy it.There is a very little traffic here. If we can make the facebook group attractive enough then more traffic will come to this site for sure. Because it is the main site. So please do not spread wrong concept among users.

03.10.2012, 11:03 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

What has happened to other forums?

03.10.2012, 08:49 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
jina445
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.05.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jina445 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
quote:

I made the group to save the forum not to destroy it.There is a very little traffic here. If we can make the facebook group attractive enough then more traffic will come to this site for sure. Because it is the main site. So please do not spread wrong concept among users.

I agree with saviour. Facebook is NOT a forum. they are so different so I wouldn't worry much about that.

What is really important for me is that there is a place where you can get the latest news for Ghibli in english. This is what really matters!

03.11.2012, 04:22 AM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jina445
quote:
quote:

I agree with saviour. Facebook is NOT a forum. they are so different so I wouldn't worry much about that.

What is really important for me is that there is a place where you can get the latest news for Ghibli in english. This is what really matters!

I agree, and if things start to get out of control then the FB group can be terminated and those if anyone is causing problems on this forum then I am sure the administrators have means of dealing with them in some way or another!

03.11.2012, 09:07 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
quote:
Originally posted by jina445
quote:
quote:

I agree, and if things start to get out of control then the FB group can be terminated and those if anyone is causing problems on this forum then I am sure the administrators have means of dealing with them in some way or another!

Yes. The main purpose of the group is for having a backup plan , if this site is down. So that we can contact each other.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.11.2012, 09:49 AM.

03.11.2012, 09:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, did you start a group on FB?

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.12.2012, 09:04 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet

Yeah

link is here

Ghibli Tavern Group[Onlineghibli official Group]

03.13.2012, 02:34 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found it and you ok'ed it

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.13.2012, 11:50 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Darrius Sebastian
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.24.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Darrius Sebastian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet

Yeah

link is here

Ghibli Tavern Group[Onlineghibli official Group]

I just asked to join. The name is DS Markl.

03.13.2012, 03:34 PM Darrius Sebastian is offline   Profile for Darrius Sebastian Add Darrius Sebastian to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Request sent. Name awsum will elf.

03.13.2012, 07:34 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Darrius Sebastian
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Darrius Sebastian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Checked my facebook last night and I am the 6th member to be included in the group. Thx.

03.15.2012, 04:29 PM Darrius Sebastian is offline   Profile for Darrius Sebastian Add Darrius Sebastian to your buddy list
adelinamoon97
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.16.12
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by adelinamoon97 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

accept me....... my fb ADELLYKEPREETYPREETYCAT....

03.18.2012, 12:36 AM adelinamoon97 is offline   Profile for adelinamoon97 Add adelinamoon97 to your buddy list
Darrius Sebastian
Kodama

quote:
quote:

yeah i joined.

03.23.2012, 09:37 PM Darrius Sebastian is offline   Profile for Darrius Sebastian Add Darrius Sebastian to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks