QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - make a whisper of the heart 2
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » make a whisper of the heart 2 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: who is willing to request a 2 movie for whisper of the heart aka mimi wo sumasheba?
if you want to make the movie a 2 version
if you want request a new movie
if you want ghibli to make a version 2 and 3
Results
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.17.12
make a whisper of the heart 2Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mimiwosumashema Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

who wants studio ghibli to make whisper of the heart 2 lets make a request, but i need followers are you with me?

quote:
its a tribute to the film maker

02.17.2012, 04:26 PM mimiwosumashema is offline   Profile for mimiwosumashema Add mimiwosumashema to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There is a sequel, somewhat. Not of the story line of the film but of shizuku's book. Marketed as the Cat returns.

02.17.2012, 06:40 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i would love to see a 2 and 3...

02.17.2012, 09:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
There is a sequel, somewhat. Not of the story line of the film but of shizuku's book. Marketed as the Cat returns.

I thought that there was a discussion on another thread about this, and it turns out 'The Cat Returns' is nothing to do with WOTH!!!!

02.18.2012, 10:43 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
quote:

I thought that there was a discussion on another thread about this, and it turns out 'The Cat Returns' is nothing to do with WOTH!!!!

My bad, Must of been Muta and the baron that made me think so.

02.18.2012, 11:32 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wasn't having a go by no means, but I can see how some people think so. I love how they have used 'The Cat Returns' to personify and explore mysterious characters audiences want to know more about form WOTH though.

02.18.2012, 01:10 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh look, this thread again

Welcome to the tavern mimi, never mind the bluntness of my response

02.18.2012, 11:06 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why are so many people obsessed with wanting continuations of Ghibli films? Part IIs are simply a trick by Hollywood to make more money, that is all. You can get all the satisfaction and enjoyment you need from watching the original Ghiblis, there is no need for more because at the end of many of Miyazaki's films you can imagine your own endings and continuations which is far better than any film someone could make, and free

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.19.2012, 06:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
Oh look, this thread again

Welcome to the tavern mimi, never mind the bluntness of my response

Exactly what I thought when I first saw the thread, I just didn't write it down! LOL!!

02.19.2012, 06:45 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually, my reasoning for more sequels is merely the fact that I love Ghibli productions and would like to see more of them regardless of whether they are sequels or entirely new productions...

I'm greedy ok!!! lol

02.19.2012, 01:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But surely you'd rather see something new and fresh and original rather than some sappy Haku meets Chihiro aged 20 rehash?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.19.2012, 06:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hopexx5
Totoro

I agree with saddletank here. Or though sequels are for some story lines they dont work very well on ghibli. I wouldn't mind seeing a Ghibli film based on post war conditions. Rather than in war conditions explored by grave of the fireflies.

02.19.2012, 07:08 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
I agree with saddletank here. Or though sequels are for some story lines they dont work very well on ghibli. I wouldn't mind seeing a Ghibli film based on post war conditions. Rather than in war conditions explored by grave of the fireflies.

Sequels don't work on Ghibli's because all of the films are made with the intention of no sequels, so Ghibli lovers have from the begining looked at Ghibli's for not having a sequel. If they were ended so a sequel could be carried on from it, if the director wanted to, then people wouldn't say anything against it because they would know no difference!!!

02.19.2012, 07:30 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What would happen in a whisper of the heart 2?

02.19.2012, 08:13 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
What would happen in a whisper of the heart 2?

Shizuku and Seiji talking about high school stuff.

The idea of sequels don't appeal to me because they rarely introduce the characters, which means you need to have watched the original to even have an idea of what's going on.

There are exceptions, like the Indiana Jones series (haven't watched the lastest though) and Step Up, but these are few and far between.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.19.2012, 11:20 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If Ghibli is to make a sequel, i think they should leave it to movies where it makes more sense to do so. Like Porco and Arrietty.

If they do make a WOTH2 i hope they would get Isao to direct it, he'd definitely be the most suited for the job.

02.20.2012, 08:15 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i don't think there is a Ghibli film i would want to see a part two of, but if there was one, it would be Porco. Its the only one that stands out to me as one which ended in a kind of teasing way, giving the impression that there's more to the story. i also think Porco has incredible potential as a series character, not that i would want that but....

02.20.2012, 08:26 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I kinda thought Whisper of the Heart was a prequel of sorts to The Cat Returns. It gives some background info about the Baron.
The only movie I would love to see a sequel made about is Howl, but thats just because I really enjoy the books, I own all 3 of them and Howls Moving Castle is probably my favorite Miyazaki film.

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

02.23.2012, 12:50 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Mokiepoet
I kinda thought Whisper of the Heart was a prequel of sorts to The Cat Returns. It gives some background info about the Baron.
The only movie I would love to see a sequel made about is Howl, but thats just because I really enjoy the books, I own all 3 of them and Howls Moving Castle is probably my favorite Miyazaki film.

I agree ten fold about the HMC bit!!

02.23.2012, 06:49 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks