QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - foOLY COoly...????
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General foOLY COoly...???? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  foOLY COoly...????Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fooly Cooly's fooled me! I seriously still don't have any clue what's going on and I'm on the second to last episode! Do things get explained near the end? Or maybe it has something to do with the crappy Funimation dub I'm watching on Netflix. I really don't know. I don't mind the series being so random really, but its kind of like a never ending WTF. I'm perfectly pleased with nothing making any sense in this anime, but I'm just kind of wondering if there is any sense behind it.
SPOLIERS COMING UP.

Like how old is this kid anyway? Why is every girl he knows trying to molest him? What's with all the random **** popping out of his head? I also have no idea what fooly cooly is even supposed to mean....

Check out my music:

08.05.2011, 12:51 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahahaha, join the crowd of one... ME! lol

I think Saddles likes this one IRC, and I have watched it a couple of times (I have the discs) and I am still confused...

08.05.2011, 01:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I finished watching it. It's confusing and everything, but it confuses you in a way that makes you want to keep watching. Sort of unsatisfying ending, but whatever.

My conclusion: Spaghetti.

Check out my music:

08.05.2011, 02:45 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

that or scrambled eggs... lol

08.05.2011, 09:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think either Roarkiller or Loscil (who hasn't been on the forum for years) liked this one or at least had an explanation for it. I was just exasperated by it when I first watched it because I like to understand things and this one defies explanation.

I personally don't think there is an explanation, its just mad wacky fun about teenage hormones. Or something.

I especially liked the guy with the two pieces of black tape for eyebrows... mostly in the scene where one fell off.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.05.2011, 09:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Yeah, seems reasonable for something to have a point, but this one defies description... lol

08.05.2011, 10:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I tried to watch this one but I gave up around halfway through because I couldn't understand any of what was going on.

08.05.2011, 12:59 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Me too, from about 1/2 way on I just sat there and let it flow over me with a small bead of drool hanging from my lip. The animation and styling is quite appealing though.

I quite enjoyed it, I just had no clue what it was about.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.05.2011, 03:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I really liked the animation and also the voice acting. I'll probably try to finish it when I get a chance... just have to unplug my brain

08.06.2011, 02:15 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Try drinking a bottle or two of wine first as well, that could help.

08.06.2011, 06:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked FLCL...
It's kind of nice when not everything always makes sense.
But I understood it better when I re-watched it.

08.22.2011, 10:54 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

I think that, as Saddles said, the wine first helps....

08.22.2011, 03:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
tomnagel
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.21.11
  TruePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tomnagel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I think that, as Saddles said, the wine first helps....

Yeah!!!! Its A universal truth .

Play Bingo

09.21.2011, 06:15 AM tomnagel is offline   Profile for tomnagel Add tomnagel to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Tavern, Tom...

I must point out, from seeing a number of new members that have posted their addresses in their profiles. It ain't necessary, folks. Just a location, if you want, whether true (like my So. Calif.) or something else (like the inn in Spirited Away)... I think that by posting your address, it kind of opens you up to any one else online.

Other than that, enjoy a glass of the light stuff and, again, Welcome...

09.21.2011, 05:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Darrius Sebastian
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.24.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Darrius Sebastian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
I liked FLCL...
It's kind of nice when not everything always makes sense.
But I understood it better when I re-watched it.

Same here.

12.01.2011, 02:53 PM Darrius Sebastian is offline   Profile for Darrius Sebastian Add Darrius Sebastian to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone got a fave Haruko-chan moment?

12.05.2011, 02:07 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Menithias
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.28.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Menithias Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love FLCL. It makes no sense the first time you watch it, but it will if you rewatch it enough.

04.28.2012, 07:45 AM Menithias is offline   Profile for Menithias Add Menithias to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think if we ever resurrect the anime club discussions FLCL would be a good subject to talk about. Very short and with lots to puzzle over.

04.28.2012, 12:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha, yeah, Saddles, a whole bunch of lots....

04.28.2012, 02:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks