QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Behind the scenes, what has happened to them.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Behind the scenes, what has happened to them. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.01.12
  Behind the scenes, what has happened to them.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yisbay Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, so I just watched the 3 documentaries on mononoke on youtube and I'm wondering if there are any others like that. I saw the spirited away one already. Its frustrating looking at the behind the scenes stuff on the new disney ones and only seeing shitty behind the microphone stuff. I couldn't care less about the voice actors, american or japanese. I want to see how they put together shots, how they went about coordinating certain scenes. you get a lot of detail on that in the mononoke one, but theres absolutely nothing else. the only one for howl I could find wasn't even in english, it was in japanese with portugese subs.

01.01.2012, 09:29 AM Yisbay is offline   Profile for Yisbay Add Yisbay to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Unfortunately most behind the scenes nowadays mainly focus on the actors and not the film itself. I just guess its something we have to live with.
One post to 500 posts

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 01.01.2012, 02:49 PM.

01.01.2012, 02:49 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yisbay, WELCOME to the Tavern... and we share your frustration, but as hope said, it seems that most of the behind-the-scenes stuff now days is fram behind the mike. I guess that think that no one will be interested in the art design, storyboarding, etc...

--------------------------------

@ hope, congrats, you made the 500 mark, but who-s counting... lol

01.01.2012, 08:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They were class documentry's, i loved the part in the Spirited Away one (i think) where Miyazaki made noodles for the other animators. i couldent stop smiling seeing him cooking rather than drawing

01.01.2012, 09:21 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Yisbay
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yisbay Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The thing that confuses me, is that there are others, theyre just not on the disney releases so its hard to find them. theres ones in ****ing portugese for ****sake!

01.02.2012, 08:56 PM Yisbay is offline   Profile for Yisbay Add Yisbay to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We try not to use vulgarities here, just a heads up.

Extras are, in the end, just extras, something the company producing the DVDs add if available. It all depends on the available space in the DVD/Bluray and the available material.

I mean, you can't expect shots on storyboard drawing if no one took pictures or videos of it, can you?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.03.2012, 10:08 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Yisbay
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yisbay Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, but people did take the pictures, you can see them translated into languages other htan english!

Welp, it seems the new castle in the sky bluray has more on it.

01.04.2012, 08:53 AM Yisbay is offline   Profile for Yisbay Add Yisbay to your buddy list
DonnaHarry
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.21.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DonnaHarry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Yisbay
Okay, so I just watched the 3 documentaries on mononoke on youtube and I'm wondering if there are any others like that. I saw the spirited away one already. Its frustrating looking at the behind the scenes stuff on the new disney ones and only seeing shitty behind the microphone stuff. I couldn't care less about the voice actors, american or japanese. I want to see how they put together shots, how they went about coordinating certain scenes. you get a lot of detail on that in the mononoke one, but theres absolutely nothing else. the only one for howl I could find wasn't even in english, it was in japanese with portugese subs.

How can I watch the same documentaries in English?

02.21.2012, 03:07 AM DonnaHarry is offline   Profile for DonnaHarry Add DonnaHarry to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah! Powder coat systems, excellent!

02.21.2012, 08:42 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
jina445
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.05.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jina445 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DonnaHarry
quote:
Originally posted by Yisbay

How can I watch the same documentaries in English?

i think this is the first one ?

02.22.2012, 07:48 AM jina445 is offline   Profile for jina445 Add jina445 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks