QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - No Longer a Studio Chibli/Miyazaki Fan
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions No Longer a Studio Chibli/Miyazaki Fan Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Noob
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.18.12
No Longer a Studio Chibli/Miyazaki FanPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Noob Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just got back from the movies watching The Secret World of Arrietty, I love his work and the Studio's work...But unfortunately I'm getting yelled at because its been disturbed by DISNEY...I dislike Disney I HATE them with a passion, My friend knows this but hes telling me off because I like Studio Chibli's and Miyazaki's WORK....I don't care for Disney, but because Disney lets them post they're movies in America I'm pretty much being called a "hypocrite" because I like Studio Chilbli's Movies that are being shown by Disney.

At this point I'm done..he won..everyone won I'm and idiot. I Idolized the studio's work for YEARS..but...I have to stop because of people calling me out...and Disney.

02.18.2012, 04:17 AM Noob is offline   Profile for Noob Add Noob to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You haven't lost.... I don't know whether you dislike disney films, or if it is Disney the institution you do not like but you are not a hypocrite, just because Ghibli films are distributed by Disney does not make them a Disney film. I think everyone on here can agree with that. You should like what you like no matter what, for example most British films are not distributed by the same company that makes them because it is to expensive, so they are usually distributed by large french companies or smaller american ones. It is very rare if any are distributed by the same company who made them, anyway, I still class them British movies not American or French. That is how you should look at this sort of situation!!! I know this example wasn't the best but I hope it helps!!!

OHH and welcome to the tavern!!!

02.18.2012, 10:41 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
xChri5x
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.04.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by xChri5x Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Noob
I just got back from the movies watching The Secret World of Arrietty, I love his work and the Studio's work...But unfortunately I'm getting yelled at because its been disturbed by DISNEY...I dislike Disney I HATE them with a passion, My friend knows this but hes telling me off because I like Studio Chibli's and Miyazaki's WORK....I don't care for Disney, but because Disney lets them post they're movies in America I'm pretty much being called a "hypocrite" because I like Studio Chilbli's Movies that are being shown by Disney.

At this point I'm done..he won..everyone won I'm and idiot. I Idolized the studio's work for YEARS..but...I have to stop because of people calling me out...and Disney.

You're a ******* moron.

02.18.2012, 04:40 PM xChri5x is offline   Profile for xChri5x Add xChri5x to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by xChri5x
quote:
Originally posted by Noob

You're a ******* moron.

I sort of agree just without the swearing. What I don't get is why you would sign up to this site to tell everyone your going to stop watching ghibli films, when if this is true their would be no point in posting anymore!!!! It's not the best attitude to take, but then again that is your choice!!!

02.18.2012, 08:18 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm struggling to understand exactly what this post is about....

02.18.2012, 08:45 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My troll-senses are tingling.

If I'm wrong... then, to the OP, you are indeed an idiot if you think you have to stop liking something because of what other people say.

My Anime List

02.18.2012, 08:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^^^^
Not necessarily, i stopped ling my ex when other people told me she was cheating on me

That didn't happen though, it just came to mind

Anyway, OP is a silly goose and all that, or a troll, and im all for bringing back the whole 'troll under the bridge' law....

02.18.2012, 11:13 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well it was different, I guess.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.19.2012, 06:40 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Wikidkid101
Totoro

I know this may seem stupid but what is OP?

02.19.2012, 06:43 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Author of the thread i believe.
Learnt it from the Runescape forums

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 02.19.2012, 06:57 AM.

02.19.2012, 06:56 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Cool..... Cheers, I was looking at it for ages trying to work out what it stood for! LOL!

THANKS!

02.19.2012, 07:52 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It proudly stands for official poster, Not sure what the words stand for i just know what the meaning is.

02.19.2012, 09:42 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It stands for "original post/poster"

Sometimes people also use TC (thread creator).

Post last edited by Theowne on 02.19.2012, 11:38 AM.

02.19.2012, 11:38 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

IMO, nothing that Disney could do would entirely ruin a Ghibli movie. They may lessen the enjoyment by inane dubbing, etc, but ruin it? I don't think so. I am, an shall remain, a Ghibli Studio/Miyazaki fan to my dying day...

02.19.2012, 01:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
IMO, nothing that Disney could do would entirely ruin a Ghibli movie. They may lessen the enjoyment by inane dubbing, etc, but ruin it? I don't think so. I am, an shall remain, a Ghibli Studio/Miyazaki fan to my dying day...

Here, here, the dubbing is getting better though!! IMO!

02.19.2012, 04:15 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Be glad it wasn't another "Warriors of the Wind".

Watch five minutes of that mess, n00b, and you'll have to admit Disney did better.

ADW: Because "Princess Zandra" and a cadre of imaginary male characters fighting malicious "Gorgons" is authentic enough...

02.19.2012, 04:42 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Noob, you can always watch Grave of the Fireflies - no Disney contamination there

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.19.2012, 06:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
hopexx5
Totoro

My princess mononke and spirted away arent distributed by disney.

They are distributed by studiocanal formerly Optimum releasing, Same goes for arriety.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 02.19.2012, 07:06 PM.

02.19.2012, 07:06 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by hopexx5
My princess mononke and spirted away arent distributed by disney.

They are distributed by studiocanal formerly Optimum releasing, Same goes for arriety.

All my DVDs say optimum releasing. Does that mean Disney didn't distribute them then?

02.19.2012, 07:25 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
jaapjabari
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.20.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jaapjabari Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can't say...

02.20.2012, 05:17 AM jaapjabari is offline   Profile for jaapjabari Add jaapjabari to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks