QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - North American Theatrical Tour of Ghibli Films
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » North American Theatrical Tour of Ghibli Films » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  North American Theatrical Tour of Ghibli FilmsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A rough schedule for GKids' theatrical schedule of Ghibli films has been given:

LA, Dallas (January)
Boston (February)
Toronto (March)
Austin (March)
DC (April-May)
Seattle (June)
San Francisco (July)

quote:
......a comprehensive retrospective of Studio Ghibli’s films, including new 35mm prints of several films that have never been released in North America. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to see Miyazaki’s beloved favorites MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, PRINCESS MONONOKE, NAUSICAÄ OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND, HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE, KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE, CASTLE IN THE SKY and PORCO ROSSO, as well as seldom-seen films by Takahata, such as POM POKO, ONLY YESTERDAY and MY NEIGHBORS THE YAMADAS. Also included in this comprehensive program are the first Ghibli feature to be made by someone other than Miyazaki or Takahata, Tomomi Mochizuki’s OCEAN WAVES, Miyazaki protégé Yoshifumi Kondo’s sole feature WHISPER OF THE HEART and Hiroyuki Morita’s sequel to the Kondo film, THE CAT RETURNS.

Post last edited by Theowne on 01.03.2012, 01:43 AM.

01.03.2012, 01:43 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am going to be in Boston in February! YES!!

Hopefully I have time to catch a few showings.

01.03.2012, 04:04 PM  
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli at Boston:

http://www.mfa.org/programs/series/castl...s-studio-ghibli

01.25.2012, 01:34 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I live abt 100 miles outside of LA (assuming that's los Angeles and not Louisiana, lol), but I can't get into lA enough times w/o camping at my sister's place, which she would not enjoy... Assuming that they are even in the country right now... lol

I have most of the Ghibli movies on DVD and am very happy with them. I think that the only Ghibli that I've seen in a theater was 'Ponyo'...

Thanks for the info anyway, leon

01.25.2012, 02:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
Ghibli at Boston:

http://www.mfa.org/programs/series/castl...s-studio-ghibli

I'm in Boston right now attending college. I already purchased tickets to the My Neighbor Totoro showing and if I have time I'll go to some others as well. I'll post about after I go to tell you guys what it was like.

01.25.2012, 08:51 PM  
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At Toronto:

http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiffbe...2012/4400000874

02.17.2012, 07:46 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

10-12 bucks per showing. That's a little steep to watch as much as I had hoped.

Guess I will have to stick to my top 3. Whisper, Mononoke, Totoro....

Post last edited by Theowne on 02.17.2012, 10:50 PM.

02.17.2012, 10:49 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Unregistered User

Registration Date:

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne
10-12 bucks per showing. That's a little steep to watch as much as I had hoped.

Guess I will have to stick to my top 3. Whisper, Mononoke, Totoro....

Lol. Didn't stop me. I spent nearly $100 dollars on this thing. At least now I have seen almost every Studio Ghibli film theatrically. I'm happy now.

02.18.2012, 05:17 PM  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks