QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Your favorite movie from Ghibli
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Your favorite movie from Ghibli » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Your favorite movie from GhibliPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As in the topic. Which film do you like most and why?

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

05.18.2011, 11:57 AM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I barely have fifty posts on this forum and yet I feel like I've answered this question a thousand times. And I wonder how many different answers I've given.

Today, I feel like my favourite My Neighbour Totoro, but I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow.

05.18.2011, 05:35 PM  
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

PORCO ROSSO!

So mature, with a lot of passion and a romantic atmosphere. And it brings us the wonderful animated girl that is Fio. I can watch it over and over again and love the atmosphere and characters more and more each time. I can't wait for The Last Sortie!! (if it is real.....)

05.18.2011, 10:18 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
ja
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite is "Whisper of the Heart. " I like this film for atmosphere, story and the characters ..
Shizuku is very similar to me ... maybe also why?

Why so much stress?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Find it in yourself!

05.20.2011, 04:44 AM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmmm right now maybe Kiki's or Ponyo. But Naussica is my long time favourite.

05.20.2011, 05:56 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kiki, Ponyo and Nausicaa are all really good movies. They all have a certain, distinct atmosphere to them that is uniquely their's...

05.21.2011, 10:02 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ocean waves, It is one of my all time faviroutes, as is kiki's delivery service.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 05.22.2011, 08:18 AM.

05.22.2011, 08:14 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah i forgot about Laputa! Another old favourite of mine! It was the first i watched and it was just amazing!

05.23.2011, 03:16 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
MarkMaddon11
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.05.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MarkMaddon11 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favorite would have to be either Howl's Moving Castle or Princess Mononoke...I love when the films really pull me into the story.

05.28.2011, 03:43 PM MarkMaddon11 is offline   Profile for MarkMaddon11 Add MarkMaddon11 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

really love your sig Ja! i love that scene.

05.29.2011, 04:04 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
ja
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

Me too
I forgot about the "Only Yesterday". Overall, I think that "whisper of heart" and "only yesterday" are the best

Why so much stress?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Find it in yourself!

05.29.2011, 07:57 AM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

Me too. One of the most moving from one of my favourites movies.

05.29.2011, 08:50 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Changed my mind, Faviroute is princess mononoke, followed by kiki's delivery service and laputa

05.29.2011, 05:23 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite is and will always be Mononoke hime. It has a special placein my heart, because it was the first ghibli movie I saw

Post last edited by Heidi80 on 05.31.2011, 01:40 PM.

05.31.2011, 04:46 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Chihirosama
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.31.11
  My favouritePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihirosama Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My favourite is Spirited Away. Nothing quite like this movie in the whole, wide world. The atmosphere...the music.....Pure love!!

05.31.2011, 10:49 AM Chihirosama is offline   Profile for Chihirosama Add Chihirosama to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Chihirosama YIM Screenname: Chihirosama
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80
My favourite is and will always be Mononoke hime. It has a special placein my heart, because it was the first ghibli movie I saw

I totally get what you mean. My first was Laputa and since it opened me to Ghibli it feel very special.

06.02.2011, 03:09 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by Chihirosama
My favourite is Spirited Away. Nothing quite like this movie in the whole, wide world. The atmosphere...the music.....Pure love!!

I agree!!! It was my favorite for a long time. It's still high on my list

06.07.2011, 06:43 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Nandireya
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.18.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nandireya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tough call. I pretty much adore them all. But I watch Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away more than the others, I also have their soundtracks and 'Art of...' books, so I guess they would have to be the cream of the crop for me.

But I do know that My Neighbors The Yamadas is my least favourite...it just doesn't have the replay value for me...

06.18.2011, 07:45 AM Nandireya is offline   Profile for Nandireya Add Nandireya to your buddy list
mubay
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.06.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mubay Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä By far my favorite movie of all times from studio Ghibli.

Reasons: Nausicaa is the smarter, kinder, cuter, stronger, ehem... in other words the best heroine ever seen on a movie!!

I also like how the movie point out the human heart on many ways, and how we interact with the world around us, it accurately describes many aspects of the Japanese culture, a master piece on my humble opinion.

The second one will be Mononoke Hime, San is a great heroine too, strong and cute just not as smart as Nausicaa ^^;

07.06.2011, 01:40 AM mubay is offline   Profile for mubay Add mubay to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, mubay...
post an intro in the gen discussion area so that others may know you...

And again, Welcome...

07.06.2011, 02:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks