QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Trouble connecting to the tavern
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » Trouble connecting to the tavern » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Trouble connecting to the tavernPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, this is for Arren. He hasn't been able to connect to either the main website or the tavern for quite some time.

Anyone know what's going on? It seems to be working for everyone else.

10.08.2011, 05:42 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No idea. I've not noticed any problems. Has he tried clearing his browser cache and cookies, maybe deleting history too?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.08.2011, 08:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've not noticed any problems connecting. I even used my dau-in-laws small 'book' thingy to log on today (well, yesterday now)... Here's hoping that arren can figure out the problem...

10.09.2011, 03:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did this get fixed Fen? I've not seen Arren in ages so I'm assuming not.

I doubt its anything to do with the Tavern so more likely to do with Arren's PC or internet connection/provider. Can you ask him if he changed either recently? Or changed any settings?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.27.2011, 11:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope, he hasn't been able to get in. I asked some techy friends about it and they gave him a bunch of suggestions. Let's see if anything works.

(and he hasn't changed a thing)

10.27.2011, 07:01 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello! So I've managed to get on, but only using a proxy server. It sounds as if my IP was blocked, which I have to say doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe if UO or Roar sees this it can be sorted properly?

10.27.2011, 07:34 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ah. It does sound like UO may have pushed a wrong button somewhere then. I didn't think of a blocked address since as far as I know you've not been naughty!

10.28.2011, 06:07 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmm, this board doesn't have any IP block features and I don't even have access to block IPs on the server level.

Can you see the onlineghibli.com home page? (yes we have a site other than the board!)

10.28.2011, 11:00 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah, the main site has been out for the whole time as well...

10.28.2011, 01:30 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
UO
(/`A')/

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Then I don't know, maybe your ISP blacklisted our server, or vice versa.

10.29.2011, 12:55 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
UO
(/`A')/

Could you try to connect to this site too? http://www.teragon.net/ our host

10.29.2011, 12:59 AM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
arren18
Administrator

I've just tried, and that doesn't work either. I understand you can't make changes at the server level, but do you think you might be able to find out if the server has anything blocked for some reason?

10.29.2011, 06:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

UO, I am surprised when you say you can't block IP addresses here. What would you do if somebody totally disruptive made a nuisance of themselves on the forums? You could ban a username, surely? Is maybe that what (accidentally) happened to Arren?

10.29.2011, 11:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

It can't be that. If my account had been blocked, I wouldn't be able to sign in and post at all, but I would have no trouble viewing the site.

10.29.2011, 03:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Are you sure you havn't got any viruses or issues with your computer/ Laptop.

A virus could be causing internet connecting issues.
Or even moving around files that allow you to connect to the web page.

I am not an expert, but it is just a suggestion if you haven't already checked.

Hope you get it sorted out!!!

11.01.2011, 02:31 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I'm confident there are no viruses, and I've definitely not done anything myself that could've caused this. Besides, it's only this one server that's the issue, which makes me think it can't be the computer, and that it must be something to do with the connection to here specifically.

11.01.2011, 07:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fair enough!!

Didn't know if it would be any help!!!

Hope you get it fixed!!!

11.02.2011, 10:31 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

For some reason it's suddenly started working now! Any ideas why?

11.15.2011, 02:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Like you said, it must have been a server issue, it must have been throwing a wobbler and resolved itself, and now it works for you!! YAY!!!

Well at least it is fixed now!!!!

11.16.2011, 08:35 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
It can't be that. If my account had been blocked, I wouldn't be able to sign in and post at all, but I would have no trouble viewing the site.

The internet gods decided you'd been punished enough?

11.16.2011, 07:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks