QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Now I can see it, its a very fun picture. Porco and Muska fighting is way out there!

There's loads of minor characters, some I don't recognise, but no Shizuku and Seiji as far as I can see, nor Sheeta and Pazu, nor... Kiki either. Interesting selection otherwise.

Forum members should try and name them all.

Maybe it's because they're kids, so would be innappropriate in a drinking environment? :')

06.07.2012, 11:45 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's very perceptive of you, I never thought of that. But who is the young-looking guy/boy to the right of Nausicaa?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.07.2012, 01:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Could it be the Pejite prince, Asbel???

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.07.2012, 01:52 PM.

06.07.2012, 01:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now wouldn't that be an interesting conversation?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.07.2012, 05:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Who is the guy in the 3rd/4th from the top left holding a beer bottle in a yellow hoodie with pink stripes. He's the only one i don't recognize.

Edit: And i just realised that the food on the table is from ghibli movies, the herring pie from kikis, the spaghetti from porco and the weird dumpling (?) things from spirited.

Post last edited by Calforsale on 06.07.2012, 09:22 PM.

06.07.2012, 09:20 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I should think the 'dumplings' are rice balls.

There's several I don't recognise: Is that Kurotawa (sp?) kissing Gina's hand? And who is that to his left. Is it Curtis?

The guy you mention plus the one further to the right sat down in a white tee-shirt and red braces with a shishkebab in his hand.

The girl between them in th ered top clapping her hands. I can't decide if this is one of the fallen women from the fortress-city in Princess Mononoke or a girl from the bathhouse in Spirited Away.

The four men nearest the POV sat around the end of the table to the left of San. I feel I should know the guy with the shaved nape and grey beard but I can't place him.

The old guy wearing yellow with the white beard and bald head is the old engineer from Laputa, yes?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.08.2012, 10:03 AM.

06.08.2012, 09:59 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I should think the 'dumplings' are rice balls.

There's several I don't recognise: Is that Kurotawa (sp?) kissing Gina's hand? And who is that to his left. Is it Curtis?
I think it's either Kurotowa or his doppelganger from Tales from Earthsea. But more likely Kurotowa if all the characters are Hayao Miyazaki's. On his left is possibly Chihiro's father, although his hair is longer... It could also be Curtis, perhaps?

I have no idea about the yellow hoodie guy though...

quote:
the one further to the right sat down in a white tee-shirt and red braces with a shishkebab in his hand.
That's Mr. Osono, the baker from Kiki's!

quote:
The four men nearest the POV sat around the end of the table to the left of San. I feel I should know the guy with the shaved nape and grey beard but I can't place him.

Haha, really? That's Satsuki's dad, Master Yupa, Kiki's dad, and Lady Eboshi's right-hand-man. And on the bottom, yeah, that's definitely the Laputa engineer.

06.08.2012, 12:04 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And don't forget the hangings on the wall. Laputa photo, face of water spirit from Spirited Away, Kiki''s sign, Neko-bus poster. Can't quite place the red mask, although I know it... Nor the wooden sign.

06.08.2012, 03:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Wow, I'm impressed at how readily people recognise such minor characters.

06.08.2012, 07:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, really detailed picture ^^

quote:

The girl between them in th ered top clapping her hands. I can't decide if this is one of the fallen women from the fortress-city in Princess Mononoke or a girl from the bathhouse in Spirited Away.

Don't you think it's Lin from Spirited Away?

quote:
And i just realised that the food on the table is from ghibli movies, the herring pie from kikis, the spaghetti from porco and the weird dumpling (?) things from spirited.

I think that yellow thing by the herring pie is an Ohmu cake or something xD

quote:
And don't forget the hangings on the wall. Laputa photo, face of water spirit from Spirited Away, Kiki''s sign, Neko-bus poster. Can't quite place the red mask, although I know it... Nor the wooden sign.

You forgot to mention the bus stop sign from Totoro (I think it says Shichikokuyama), and the bath house flag from Spirited Away, and on the left corner pillar is one of those paper birds from the same movie. :D

EDIT: Looked up the red mask and the wooden sign. The red mask is the one that San wears in Princess Mononoke, and I found this picture on google: Pic So I think the wooden sign is hanging outside one of those restaurants in Spirited Away, probalby..

Post last edited by Jelly on 06.09.2012, 08:59 AM.

06.09.2012, 08:46 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, it could be Lin. Thanks.

Below the Laputa picture is a soot sprite coming out of a crack between the boards.

If Nausicaa is eating Ohmu pie that would be ironic, though I thought someone else interpreted that as spaghetti and meatballs.

Howl is drinking a Heineken lager (not a Ghibli thing but relevant because of HMCs European setting).

We should have had this posted in the Ghibli section - I don't think we've talked this much about Ghibli movies in months!

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.09.2012, 08:58 AM.

06.09.2012, 08:55 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Lin is as good a guess as any, it sure looks like her...

There IS a plate of spaghetti and meatballs on the table as well as the herring pie from Kiki (the basket and lid is nearby)...

I think the guy wearing glasses in front of 'Lin' may be from 'Goshu' ( ? )...

but the guy next to him with the red cap has me puzzled... who is he???

and, yes, San's mask... I thought so, but was fooled by the kodama in her hand. I thought it was a mask...

and I see Jiji in front of the Baker Osono...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.09.2012, 02:02 PM.

06.09.2012, 01:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah i wasn't referring to the pie, i was referring to the actual spaghetti Husky mentioned
But what the hell is that big weird meat dumpling thing from spirited away, near eight handed guy from spirited.

It has to be Lin yeah? She is even the red thing she wears.

I don't know what Goshu is, but i think the person your talking about is the old italian guy who fixes porco's plane.

Red cap is the monk guy from mononoke. You can tell by the red nose and the pink mole on his forhead.

I find the characters so easy to remember by how they look, but lol i never remember their names.

06.10.2012, 04:04 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Mr. Piccolo is the aircraft guy in Porco Rosso and then the Mamma Aiuto pirate chief and his co-hort... And the mon is Jigo... To my eyes, it liiks nothing like the character from the film, BUT the mole, etc does point to the monk character...

06.10.2012, 05:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

This is interesting...

<http://www.youtube.com/v/316AzLYfAzw%26a...y%3d1%26rel%3d0>
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Full screen and you will want to see it again...

http://youtu.be/yBneWBYR0qc

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.11.2012, 04:24 AM.

06.11.2012, 04:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

What a shame that first one turned out to just be a TV channel advert

Loved the second one!

06.11.2012, 12:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

This looks like fun...

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com.au/...ant-to-try.html

06.12.2012, 01:09 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

ADW, you will ove this one....

http://dc132.file.qip.ru/flash/player.sw...p;sharing.code=

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.15.2012, 04:04 AM.

06.15.2012, 04:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Isn't technology cool? A train that lifts, renews and relays its own track. It's film taken in Britain and Network Rail doesn't own any of that machinery, or the staff, but hires it from European contractors who ship it over to Britain (in between jobs doing the same on European railways) and everything is fantastically tightly scheduled and budgeted and contracted. Not only is the track renewal you can see in the pictures there impressive but the business organisation behind it all is equally awesome IMHO.

06.15.2012, 08:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha, just saw that big Ghibli fanart. First thing I noticed was Howl and Sophie and I laughed out loud. x'D

Really though, that's brilliant. Might have that for for my desktop for a while. Must show dad too.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 06.15.2012, 09:52 AM.

06.15.2012, 09:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks