QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, fascinating. The thing that allowed gunpowder weapons to supplant bows though was the simplicity of training a soldier to use an arquebus; armies that were of only average ability but much larger could be fielded against highly trained but far smaller bow armies and war isn't only about winning combats on battlefields but exerting political pressure and holding ground, for which bigger levy armies were better suited.

An archer has only a ranged combat effect, get into close quarters with most archer units with swordsmen or spearmen and their value collapses quickly.

Its still impressive to see that the ancient texts of arabs, north American indians and asians did describe attainable feats.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.12.2013, 08:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One of my shipmates sent me this link today...

I know that many children seem to have talents that were unheard of in years past, but this 9-yr old girl has a tremendous voice...

Give a listen, it will amaze you...

http://www.flixxy.com/9-year-old-girl-si...-got-talent.htm

11.21.2013, 12:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stunning. There must be people who train rigorously for years and never attain such ability. I hope she has a successful career and happy life ahead of her after that appearance.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.21.2013, 11:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When she hit those high notes, I trembled and it brought tears to my eyes...

Fascinating, is what it is...

I agree with you, Saddles...

11.21.2013, 05:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It was the breadth of range that was most impressive. When she sang the low notes she sounded like she could be about 30. It was extraordinary.

11.21.2013, 05:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

On a lighter note, here is something for all you New Yorkers out there.... Oh, wait... there is only one... San Toelle...

lol

http://youtu.be/gUK9jvZb2Og

Went back and listened to Amira again... Again the chills and tears. She is so wonderful...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.22.2013, 06:12 PM.

11.22.2013, 06:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I don't usually go along with 'trick' bears, but this one looks well cared for and it's tricks are marvelous. Commands are in Russian, but you can tell what was said when the bear responds...

http://youtu.be/jqKPswqyPrc

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.23.2013, 10:36 PM.

11.23.2013, 10:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I saw this and thought that Mush, Roar and saviour might like it...

Lifting a refrigerator with a cellphone vibrator motor...

http://youtu.be/D0HDOH8pn8g

11.29.2013, 01:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I was sent two good Christmas vids that I just had to post...

This first one is not only good, regardless of your beliefs, but funny as well. You must watch it to the end.

Great!!!

http://youtu.be/SzXJ3vuCzCc

Ok, I'm changing the way I post this next link. I will post a number of them instead along the same lines...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.05.2013, 04:08 AM.

12.05.2013, 04:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

http://youtu.be/omq0mMERQOY

http://youtu.be/wZMqWJX6bls

http://youtu.be/dfz1pyq3EhE

Now this last one is over 14 minutes long. It has a short ad at the start of it, but it is worth it, IMO. It was causing so many traffic and accident problems the local police asked the guy to tone it down. Instead he started charging a small fee to the drivers coming by and used it to hire off-duty police to direct traffic...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.05.2013, 04:31 AM.

12.05.2013, 04:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Now this would be something to come home to...

http://youtu.be/Wn37LXlARAY

12.15.2013, 02:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And this is why the short story games we play never end. At all.

Warning: Mildly coarse language ahead

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.21.2013, 01:10 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I laughed so hard. I loved Gary's opening paragraph!

LOL, Aoi and Sadoru were never that bad! Some miscommunications and a couple of gropes at the wrong time but he never called her a ho.

EDIT: What does it say about me that I thought the potential for a story about a love-worn girl's neuroses over tea had more potential than the war between the space marines and the Skylons?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.21.2013, 02:34 PM.

12.21.2013, 02:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Wyoming Wildscapes

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.16.2014, 10:23 AM.

01.16.2014, 10:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Some awesome views, Saddles...

01.16.2014, 12:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...s/?id=191616515

I played the first game, downloading it by the translators Insani. It was really quite touching. I can't wait to play the second.

No worries on legality, since the game is free for download in the first place.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.18.2014, 06:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Is there a D/L link for the first game?

01.18.2014, 06:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Is there a D/L link for the first game?

It's in the second link in the same post. Be warned that it may not be compatible with the latest OS, so you need a workaround.

I still have it in my drive, as well as another free (also shorter and a lot less touching) visual novel called Red Shift. I can upload both to my server if the links aren't working.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.18.2014, 10:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

is it any fun to play? its like reading a book.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.18.2014, 02:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

A visual novel isn't something you "play" per se. It's more like reading a picture book whose story changes by making a few choices. And when I say a few, I really mean only a few.

Some visual novels don't even have any options, or options that don't do anything to the storyline.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.19.2014, 05:08 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  «    ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks