QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spherical Flying Machine Developed by Ja...efense #DigInfo

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.26.2011, 06:40 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
http://neave.com/television/

Most of the games and fun things on the left side are great but this "Television without context" had me splitting my sides...

got totally wasted on hexxagon, but held my own on tic-tac-toe.. quit after 6 games. score comp-1, tie-5, husky-4... Agreed with you on the 'TV w/o context', go go Godzilla... lol interesting graphics...
=============================
LG Optimus in Berlin was fantastic... I can't imagine what it was like in person....
===============================
Tsunami cleanup... Remarkable what has been accomplished in only six months....
================================
The Murmuration video was awesome.....

Good links, Saddles, very good links...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.26.2011, 08:41 PM.

11.26.2011, 08:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very clever isn't it?

I'm hoping Muska drops by this thread soon, the engineering videos should appeal to her!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.26.2011, 08:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still amazed about the 3-D one... WOW!!!

and all without the red/green glasses...

11.26.2011, 08:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
http://neave.com/television/

Most of the games and fun things on the left side are great but this "Television without context" had me splitting my sides...

I've known about this website for YEARS and it seems that so many people don't know of its existence. It's such a cool website.

11.27.2011, 11:28 AM  
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Speaking of games: http://www.kongregate.com/games/MaTX222/one-and-one-story

and...

a really cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYwPTUKvdw

11.27.2011, 08:26 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Speaking of games: http://www.kongregate.com/games/MaTX222/one-and-one-story

and...

a really cool video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSYwPTUKvdw

Tricky game, I must day... Not easy for an oldtimer, lol...

Loved the English lesson, for sure... Interestingly enough, the December issue of National Geographic magazine has an article about the King James version of the Bible. One section shows some of the sayings or ahorisms that come directly from this book. Goes along with Chap. 4 of the English lesson...

11.27.2011, 09:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Six Months After The Tsunami

Thats incredible progress, its really haunting to see the change in the various places

im sure most of ye will have seen this but i still think its hilarious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CN_HrkBlRs

11.29.2011, 08:12 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

That is hilarious!!! The timing musta been perfect....

11.30.2011, 02:21 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Another oldish one but lads, dont drink and drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvD9DI1ZA

12.03.2011, 11:54 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Nor lassies, either... please...

12.04.2011, 03:48 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://wimp.com/porcupinecorn/
If you haven't seen this you should. It's extremely cute o//w//o

12.04.2011, 06:56 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
captain george
Ohmu

Haha, very good

12.04.2011, 09:04 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
http://wimp.com/porcupinecorn/
If you haven't seen this you should. It's extremely cute o//w//o

I get a movie of San Francisco in 1905.

Was that your intention?

Either way, its a great film clip. I'm amazed there wasn't an injury every couple of minutes.

12.11.2011, 07:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Been looking through some more videos from that site. I liked this one!

http://www.wimp.com/hotmusic/

12.11.2011, 08:36 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

That is interesting, Saddles...

As for the previous link, the first time I looked at it when it was first posted it was about a porcupine being handfed, when I checked it just now it was the 35mm film clip taken just 4 days before the 1906 quake in Frisco...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.11.2011, 10:24 PM.

12.11.2011, 10:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yes, it said the original clip had been removed at owners request or something. The 1905 San Francisco clip was amazing too though.

12.12.2011, 07:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'm hoping Mushka drops by this thread soon, the engineering videos should appeal to her!

Thanks! I watched the spherical flying machine one just now... That's really, really impressive! I've seen quad-copters flown with that degree of control, but this seems to have just the one propeller.

I'll be sure to check out the rest of the links after my final exams... o_o

12.12.2011, 09:13 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, yes it's been removed. It's on Youtube too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGz8jcbJj...ture=plpp_video
But the new vid was pretty nice too xD

12.13.2011, 01:00 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, I enjoyed rewatching the porcupine vid again... cute.

here's one that was just sent to me by a friend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tzowQtqOM_I

the pilot is just 17 yrs old...

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.13.2011, 01:18 PM.

12.13.2011, 01:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks