QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What is air.

Disney Face Swaps.

My Anime List

07.18.2013, 03:22 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

a remarkable illusion by David Copperfield.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/wChk5nY3Kzg

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.01.2013, 01:24 AM.

08.01.2013, 01:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay. Um...
Basically... my mom was in hysterics and I walked in on her watching this.

Basically, it's Jackie Chan singing the female part of a well-known Chinese opera, while a famous singer plays the male part. It's freaking hilarious.

Or maybe I'm just weird.

08.30.2013, 12:45 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I laughed when Chan started singing in a female voice...

08.30.2013, 02:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://mcphee.com/shop/nihilist-toothpaste.html

and why don't we have words for everything?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a762e37ad6b2d...fwo3_r1_500.jpg

09.16.2013, 05:57 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjB_oVeq8Lo

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.27.2013, 03:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

That was cool, Saddles. Thanks...

09.27.2013, 08:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I just saw this .gif today...

09.28.2013, 06:52 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

World Science Festival 2009: Bobby McFer...entatonic Scale

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.26.2013, 07:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Very interesting, Saddles... Especially when he jumped to the third space and the audience automatically said almost the right note... kinda brought it home about what I was taught in guitar class about basic five notes in each key...

10.27.2013, 12:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cool video! It's interesting how that way of thinking about sound is so ingrained in people's minds. Also, I wonder how he went about planning those performances - a lot of testing must have gone on before he could be sure it would work as planned.

10.27.2013, 11:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

This guy is GOOD!!! He makes it appear so effortlessly easy...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/z8qFBvnUGSM

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.07.2013, 11:31 PM.

10.29.2013, 02:45 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I've got three links that I think you might like... This first one is for Saddles... lol (and the rest of you, eventually, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_43f9RzAqMM

These ladies from 1944 are amazing... singing for the first 50 seconds or so then it starts... amazing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/61cY1ILv60...&autoplay=1

This is a heartwarming story...

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/can-lea...all-team-video/

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.07.2013, 11:46 PM.

11.07.2013, 11:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LOL, why is the first one for me???

The contortionist sisters is both amazing and scary. I hurt just watching it. If it hadn't been a film from the 1940s I'd have thought it was CGI.

11.08.2013, 07:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

@Saddles...
As the next oldest in age (as far as I know) I thought that you might relate to that clip more so than the younger members, lol. that kind of cancer is sneaky and requires an 'in-depth' examination...

The Ross sisters agility was amazing, but what surprised me as much, being somewhat of a historian, is the costumes they wore while performing. That type of apparel didn't become common for another 20 years or so.

11.08.2013, 02:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

When was it filmed? I would say the clothes, hairstyles and makeup puts this in the 1940s.

I'm familiar with B-17 bomber pin-up art so those shorts and shirts are definitely from that era.

Aside from everything else the ability to sing while smiling prettily is ridiculous. No way can it be a live recording.

11.08.2013, 02:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

It was from 1944. Yes, the clothing was there, but usually only seen in pin-ups as it was considered risqué for the time. I think normally, the girls would have been wearing a blousy, Arabic type legging for a general public showing. Might not have gotten past the movie censors.

I'll have to watch it a few more times to see what you mean about the singing, Saddles... For purely artistic purposes, of course... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.08.2013, 04:05 PM.

11.08.2013, 04:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Here is a trapeze act that is a little off beat... Enjoy... I know that I did...

http://tinyurl.com/n5dyqdj

11.11.2013, 12:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fast archery

11.12.2013, 01:59 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Remarkable...

11.12.2013, 02:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks