QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was 50-50 on whether it was going to make it or not....

As for fen's little puzzle, I was able to get to level 37 before I missed a word, but I have a large vocabulary. Anyone know what 'sarcoid' means without looking it up? It corrected me so I now know what it means. I went on a few more levels to 41 and some of the words were hard

arriviste? among others.
it was entertaining (amusing) while it lasted (endured).... (OMG)

lol

thanks fen...

10.26.2011, 12:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, ah... I uploaded some vocal covers to my YouTube account, at long last... Here's my channel. What do you guys think...?

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 10.31.2011, 05:20 PM.

10.31.2011, 02:18 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, I want to hear from others out there besides myself.

First of all, the only background I have in singing is three times solo before an audience as an adult. One time the MC said, when asked, that I started off in the right key, shifted to a higher key then settled down in the middle somewhere to finish out the ballad. I wsas happy with that.

With that in mind, overall the singing sounded to my ear on the mark and seemed to have 'life'. At times, however, it seemed to flatten out, on key perhaps, but no life, no spirit to the words. Doesn't mean you have to BELT it out in volume, it just didn't seem to have the depth it seemed to need at some points.

Again, bear in mind that I'm not that Crowell guy on the talent show, I'm not a pro, I can only go by what I am hearing and my own interpetation of that.

Now I want to hear the appraisal of others...

I tried to give an honest appraisal because anything else in worthless to you. Before I went on stage solo, I had to make a recording at a friends house to convince myself that I was at least capable of singing before an audience and they persuaded me to go for it. Said I wasn't perfect, but to go for it anyway, so I did. This was 40 some yrs ago and I'm glad i did it, if just for the experience alone. I've never been afraid to speak out in public since then.

10.31.2011, 11:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great website about a company that builds replica and restores original WWI aircraft to flying condition. This particular link is to the FE2.b replica project but its just fascinating to see how much sheer construction went into one of these machines. The page describing its flight is worth a full read.

http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects/fe-2b/building-fe-2b

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.02.2011, 08:36 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, Husky. I'm sure you're right, that's what my music teacher used to say to me sometimes at school, that I had to put in more emotion. It's difficult. I'm glad they're at least alright, anyway. Thanks.

My Anime List

11.04.2011, 01:51 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A strange person who replicates Ghibli meals in real life. I always did think there was a lot of eating going on in Miyazaki's films...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annathered/...57624042766378/

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.05.2011, 08:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
A strange person who replicates Ghibli meals in real life. I always did think there was a lot of eating going on in Miyazaki's films...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annathered/...57624042766378/

Wow! That is so cool! I wonder if a lot of the food, are Hayao's and Isao's favourites.

Food always feels special in their films.

11.06.2011, 02:25 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's so neat Saddles. I had a look at the bentos this person makes, and they're so cool! I think I will try one out. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LxMHmw3Z-U

11.06.2011, 07:39 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

remarkable, fen... Wonder how many fish got let high and dry?...

dang it, Saddles, now I'm hungry... lol

11.06.2011, 10:03 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

This is a video of the Union Pacific engine #844 that made an unscheduled stop in Cabazon, California on Thursday Nov. 17, 2011 around 1PM. Unfortunately, I was at work and wasn't able to see the sight. I was about 80 miles away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...p;v=RoxS9F5x4Gw

edit:
after rewatching this a couple of times, I think that I know the guy at the end of the video wearing the orange shirt. I'll have to call him and see if he was there.

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.18.2011, 10:41 PM.

11.18.2011, 10:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This website is great if your getting into railway modeling, especially that of British origin.
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/index.php
^ the forum.
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/
^ the website.

11.19.2011, 09:20 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
That's so neat Saddles. I had a look at the bentos this person makes, and they're so cool! I think I will try one out. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LxMHmw3Z-U

I agree. How lovely a feeling would a small kid have inside them when they sat down to lunch provided by their mum and opened the lid to see this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annathered/...57608883508914/

11.19.2011, 03:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

So cute, Saddles...

11.20.2011, 01:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i wouldent even eat that lunch, its way too cute

11.20.2011, 07:10 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

http://neave.com/television/

Most of the games and fun things on the left side are great but this "Television without context" had me splitting my sides...

11.26.2011, 04:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LG Optimus Hyper Facade in Berlin - Long Version

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.26.2011, 06:42 PM.

11.26.2011, 05:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
http://neave.com/television/

Most of the games and fun things on the left side are great but this "Television without context" had me splitting my sides...

Well that was quite a bizarre collection, I must say. :')

My Anime List

11.26.2011, 05:05 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Quantum Levitation

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.26.2011, 06:42 PM.

11.26.2011, 05:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Six Months After The Tsunami

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.26.2011, 06:41 PM.

11.26.2011, 05:41 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Murmuration

11.26.2011, 05:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks