QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddles...
Yeah, behind the place where I used to work a few years ago, the rail company replaced the entire track set-up. New rails, cement ties, etc... The rails were about 1/4 mile long and carried on several cars at once then the ends welded together and had different tie replacing equipment. It was amazing to see how flexible the rails were as they were being transported and laid...

Dummy me, I never thought to take any pics or film...

I miss the clickety-clack sound from my youth...

06.15.2012, 01:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I created an account on tumblr, it's my first blog-typed-thing, and it's about Ghibli!

Check it out @www.borothecaterpillar.tumblr.com
it's rather puny, but that's because I created it yesterday!
Also see: www.fuckyeahstudioghibli.com www.fuckyeahkikisdeliveryservice.com www.fuckyeahprincessmononoke.com

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 06.20.2012, 12:24 PM.

06.20.2012, 12:22 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

check this one out. These 747's are waiting to be scrapped in a boneyard in Mojave, Calif... Winds were upto 70 mph+... I've been by there dozens of times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhZwvdRR...be_gdata_player

06.23.2012, 05:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Interesting video. Why do some people cry "fake" at everything they see on the internet? Just using your intelligence and studying the video carefully you can see its genuine footage.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.24.2012, 06:31 AM.

06.24.2012, 06:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Funny thing about the 747 that I learned in aviation ground school was that the 747 had an 8 times better glide ratio that a Cessna 182...

With no power, a 182 could glide about a mile horizontally for every mile it descended vertically where a 747 could go roughly 8 miles for every mile it descended... fascinating aircraft...

06.24.2012, 12:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's because a 747 is tail-heavy. The video shows this. It wants to fly. A Cessna with it's engine in the nose will want to dive.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.24.2012, 01:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This may have been shared before but....

The universe to scale

Makes you feel so insignificant

06.24.2012, 10:31 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I saw their first version. That is version 2. Still very cool though.

Live Map of London Underground

06.25.2012, 06:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I saw their first version. That is version 2. Still very cool though.

Live Map of London Underground

That is.... fascinating....

06.26.2012, 09:52 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
captain george
Ohmu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENj7Z-af...eature=youtu.be

Her faces are just hilarious

07.11.2012, 10:07 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Minecraft Timelapse, episode 4 : Djamila, cité orientale

Minecraft Timelapse, episode 5 : Tocopec, Vallée Aztèque

Minecraft Timelapse, episode 6 : Impression

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.13.2012, 05:50 PM.

07.13.2012, 05:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Paintings so realistic you'll wonder how they aren't CG

07.13.2012, 05:32 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The Illustrated A-z Of Unusual Words

07.13.2012, 07:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I have oft been accused of being yonderly, or was I. And I had many quockerwodgers as a child and thankfully I didn't gorgonize during that near collision that I had yesterday...

Thank you for your wordslist, saddles. I don't think that I could have given the above facts without your help...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.18.2012, 11:10 PM.

07.18.2012, 11:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You're welcome. However, without my help I would have been able to understand you completely.

BTW, we seem to be experiencing a scatter-gun of Husky activity ATM.

07.19.2012, 12:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

BTW, we seem to be experiencing a scatter-gun of Husky activity ATM.

As I wrote in Random, I think, I was trying to get some movement going in the forum. Something to get others participating. For two whole days, I think that FFF and I were just about the only posters. Everytime I came online, all I saw was the same thing from previous posts, Husky, Husky, Husky.... with no new posts. So yesterday, I did the 'True/False thread and others to try and stimulate (that's the word I was looking for) activity...

I'd see people online, but very little posting...

I want others to yak back and forth with...

07.19.2012, 01:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Man, I wish I had something like this a few years ago!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wCXjFZv6O8

07.20.2012, 03:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Man, I wish I had something like this a few years ago!!!

A wifebeater vest, ankle boots and a weensy pair of tight sawn-offs?

Hmmm...

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.20.2012, 07:05 PM.

07.20.2012, 07:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Uh, I was referring to the gripper!!! But the girl looked nice as well...

07.20.2012, 11:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's a pretty clever device!

Bruce Wayne on the phone with Batman

07.21.2012, 03:17 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
[  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks