QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is funny how Europe is not effected by anything in that entire animation, makes me feel lucky to live in the UK!!

05.20.2012, 05:33 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And you always hear about how bad California is with its earthquakes, but they're nothing like what Japan has to go through...

Yeah, Southern California...

05.20.2012, 08:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This really is interesting... I just spent 90 minutes reading it and I don't think a single one was wasted.

http://www.futuretimeline.net/

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.21.2012, 07:42 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A really sweet story about a kid in East LA who made his own gaming arcade out of cardboard boxes.

http://www.psfk.com/2012/04/diy-arcade-flash-mob.html

Scroll down to the video, its more interesting than the article.

05.22.2012, 07:21 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FANTASTIC!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.23.2012, 04:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just another studio ghibli characters pic:
http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2...yo-mononoke.png

Who ever did it did a good job!

05.24.2012, 09:44 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Not Studio Ghibli characters, Miyazaki directed films characters.

05.24.2012, 01:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

I must have missed something, Saddles. I don't understand the statement...
I'm sure it makes sense, but I must have missed it...

05.24.2012, 03:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
quote:

I think its because there aren't any characters from films like Only Yesterday. Nevertheless, they are all still from studio ghibli...

05.24.2012, 10:17 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Post last edited by Calforsale on 05.24.2012, 11:16 PM.

05.24.2012, 11:16 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
quote:
quote:

I think its because there aren't any characters from films like Only Yesterday. Nevertheless, they are all still from studio ghibli...

Correct, its not a montage of Ghibli characters since many are missing. And the missing ones are ALL from the films Miyazaki did not direct.

05.25.2012, 10:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Ah, yes... I see now what you meant....

http://www.wimp.com/openerpourer/

This is some mechanical contraption....

-------------------------------------------------------

talk about animal control...

Http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=qFP...A&vq=medium

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.26.2012, 02:14 PM.

05.25.2012, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
quote:
quote:

Correct, its not a montage of Ghibli characters since many are missing. And the missing ones are ALL from the films Miyazaki did not direct.

But it is still a studio Ghibli characters characters picture like i said

05.27.2012, 02:43 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It is, but calling it a Miyazaki's characters collection is more accurate.

For example, if its a Ghibli character collection, where is Shizuku? And the Yamada family?

I suppose you could call it a collection of some Ghibli characters but really, just give up and admit defeat!

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.27.2012, 06:46 AM.

05.27.2012, 06:45 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
It is, but calling it a Miyazaki's characters collection is more accurate.

For example, if its a Ghibli character collection, where is Shizuku? And the Yamada family?

I suppose you could call it a collection of some Ghibli characters but really, just give up and admit defeat!

Lol hehe this is such a funny/silly debate . I think though, just because something is not complete doesn't mean it can't have that name. If i have three different types of bananas, i can say there is a bunch of fruit and it will still be correct even though it would be more specific to say there is a bunch of bananas.

05.27.2012, 10:19 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Seen these guys before... so cool!

http://youtu.be/mWhD5bc6Fmg

05.27.2012, 02:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Ghibli Characters gone wild!!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m54pag...liiboo1_500.jpg

Post last edited by Calforsale on 06.06.2012, 08:37 AM.

06.06.2012, 08:37 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

LOL, no way, if you have a bunch of bananas are you going to say anything other than "I have a bunch of bananas!"

Anyway...

Aww, that was great, Husky!

Cal - the pic is so tiny! Have you a link to a bigger version?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.06.2012, 10:43 AM.

06.06.2012, 10:41 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Here is a bigger pic:
http://i.imgur.com/2iBdO.jpg

And here are some cool babushka dolls!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4z8pb...e4fdro1_500.jpg

06.06.2012, 09:22 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Now I can see it, its a very fun picture. Porco and Muska fighting is way out there!

There's loads of minor characters, some I don't recognise, but no Shizuku and Seiji as far as I can see, nor Sheeta and Pazu, nor... Kiki either. Interesting selection otherwise.

Forum members should try and name them all.

06.07.2012, 09:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks