QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Share links!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Share links! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ag. "Toe-toe-row" instead of "Tor-tor-oh".

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.25.2014, 06:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Eh, neither pronunciation is really ideal, so it doesn't bother me.

Anyway, that video was very funny, if a tad outdated in trope references. For the modern anime era I would be expecting a lot more moe slice-of-life.

Also, it reminds me of this. Note: it's from South Park, so expect it to be a bit rude.

04.26.2014, 01:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Impressive landings and take-offs in high crosswinds at BHX (Birmingham Intl Airport, UK).

Pilots seriously earning their pay here.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.06.2014, 09:58 AM.

04.27.2014, 05:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see a number of other airports also have bad crosswind problems. Do you know why the runway is so wavy and not straight??? Seems odd...

At an airport near me, Ontario International, where I have flown in and out of numerous times I have seen some pretty stiff crosswind landings...

If you are driving along the I-10 freeway next to the airport, passing through Fontana and Ontario cities the wind is so fierce that it sometimes knocks big-rig trucks over...

04.27.2014, 06:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The runway seems to undulate because of the extreme telephoto lenses in use in those videos. A pilot landing on it would perceive it as flat I should think.

04.28.2014, 07:11 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Don't be put off by the thumbnail, this video is very cool.

07.06.2014, 09:56 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with that assessment, Saddles. I recognize some of the clips, but there were many, many more...

07.06.2014, 11:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Fullscreen, HD and turn up the volume.

07.09.2014, 08:38 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

As beautiful and serene as the other one was action-packed...

07.09.2014, 02:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Trawling around looking for Japanese spirit mythology...

http://seeksghosts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0...ami-ghosts.html

Also...

http://www.quotev.com/quiz/1116745/What-...apanese-Spirit/

I came out as a Bakeneko

07.26.2014, 10:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Also a Bakeneko...

07.26.2014, 02:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We've got a Bakeneko family going on over here! Me too.

07.27.2014, 06:57 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

One of my shipmates sent this to me... And its in England...

http://player.vimeo.com/video/93587997

08.04.2014, 04:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Preserved military aircraft kept flying is somehow a very respectable part of keeping people focussed on history. Through th eplanes they are encouraged to read about the events and that brings a clearer understanding of the why and what for. I support Duxford with an annual donation.

Amazing to see a flying Russian I-16, an dno less than three 1917 Bristol Fighters.

I feel the same way about restoring WW1 and WW2 tanks to operating condition, you sense them and their purpose far more than if they are a static exhibit.

08.05.2014, 07:18 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I found this blog to be pretty interesting. The guy who writes it likes to match anime scenes and places to real places so you end up with some fascinating glimpses into the minds of the people creating contemporary anime (it seems the real location thing has grown to a 'must do' cult status over there) and you get to find out some nice things about Japan and its culture generally.

He also writes about his own walks around different cities. The blog has been running since 2010 and the guy writes very regularly.

http://likeafishinwater.com/

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.08.2014, 09:21 AM.

08.08.2014, 09:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Flickr is awesome.

European Space Agency blog of Rosetta images of comet 67P.

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/europeanspaceagency/

08.11.2014, 03:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I know that we have heard child singers before, but this was sent to me by a shipmate.

I didn't get the girls name other than being a 6 yr old Hong Kong girl singing "Raise Me Up"... My shiomate told me it would raise goosebumps and he was right...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=102...e=2&theater

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.17.2014, 04:57 AM.

08.17.2014, 04:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Click here: What to do once you’ve finished all the beer

Another one sent by a shipmate...

fohttp://youtu.be/NkbZlautuUcr

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.17.2014, 12:21 PM.

08.17.2014, 12:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

A BIG boys weed eater....

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/excamuoich2

10.21.2014, 02:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Another one of my shipmates sent me this link...

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/8oqPR5-GLuA?rel=0

10.22.2014, 04:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  17  18  19  20  21  22    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks