QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Need help!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Need help!!! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Need help!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey guys, I have a vast collection of anime now and I have a wish list for what I want to buy. I was wondering if people could give ideas of what to watch as I am running out of ideas and need some help in finding stuff to watcha and buy.

Any ideas are welcome either series or films don't mind!

04.23.2012, 07:11 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What are your tastes? What genres do you prefer?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.23.2012, 10:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I am sort of ecelctic, If titles and names are put on here I can research them and decide if it would be for me.

04.23.2012, 11:32 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's hard to recommend you a title if "a vast collection" is all we have to work with, especially because it's vast, so chances are high ou'd have already seen it.

That said though, there are a few series highly recommended.

ef - A tale of Memories
ef - A tale of Melodies
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Steins; Gate
Freedom
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic!
Utawarerumono
Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Pulled from my harddisk.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.24.2012, 09:47 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't seen any of these so will definately look into them, I have come across cowboy beepbop, just haven't gotten round to getting it yet.

04.24.2012, 02:45 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Angel Beats!
Natsume Yujin-cho
Infinite Stratos

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

05.07.2012, 01:19 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What I call the "classics", these are a bit darker and tend around action and deepish plot:

Neon Genesis Evangelion (TV series and several movies)
Cowboy Bebop (1 movie, 1 TV series)
Ghost in the Shell (3 movies and 2 TV series)
Jin Roh (movie)
Paranoia Agent (TV series by Satoshi Kon of Perfect Blue, Millenium Actress and Paprika fame)
Serial Experiments Lain
Gunslinger Girls
The Sky Crawlers (movie) It's a very slow telling story but stick with it.
Wings of Honnamise. Another slow story but worth it for the fantastic action sequences at the end.

Some lighter stuff:

Haibane Renmei
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2 TV series and 1 movie)
Read or Die!
Eden of the East
FLCL or Fooly Cooly
Bakemonogatari (and the 2nd series Nisemonogatari which was spolie dby fanservice but still quite amusing)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (movie)
AIR TV
Cencoroll (just a short OVA but worth catching for its "way out there" ness)
High School of the Dead (fanservice but still fun)
Steins: Gate

High school romances:

Kare Kane
Kashimashi (a lesbian love triangle with a twist)
Lovely Complex
Onegai Teacher

Slice of Life:

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Aoi Hana
Beck
Hanasaku Iroha
Honey and Clover

Comedy:

Azumanga Daioh
Welcome to the NHK

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.07.2012, 08:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
TecnoLord
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.24.12
  :-)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TecnoLord Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I enjoyed Mardoc scramble. (and i am still waiting for the release of the second part -of three-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754177/

06.24.2012, 02:25 PM TecnoLord is offline   Profile for TecnoLord Add TecnoLord to your buddy list Send an Email to TecnoLord Homepage of TecnoLord
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks