QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Which Ghibli Sequel Would You Prefer?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Which Ghibli Sequel Would You Prefer? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Which Ghibli Sequel Would You Prefer?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am well aware that Studio Ghibli usually does not make sequels, but if they did, which one would you prefer them to make a sequel of? I'd like to see a second Castle in the Sky. I think there is a lot more to be explored in that film. They could take us through the history of the Castle in the Sky in greater detail. But another Spirited Away would be pretty amazing as well.

I would NOT like to see another My Neighbour Totoro. I think it would ruin the charm of the original film. It would be neat to see Satsuki and Mei as adults, reminiscing their past adventures with Totoro and the Cat Bus, but.... I still don't think it's such a good idea.

06.19.2011, 05:18 PM  
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I prefere imagineing what would of happend after the films in my head to be honest.
But if there had to be, i would like it to be a sequeal to kiki's.

06.19.2011, 05:27 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yea, Kiki would be great, especially since it's already a series to begin with.

If not that, Ocean Waves. I like that show.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.23.2011, 10:13 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would agree to both of them...

06.24.2011, 02:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Like I said in another thread, IF Miyazaki really does a sequel to Porco Rosso as has been rumoured, that would be great

06.26.2011, 12:17 PM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg will porco have a beard!? Lol just kidding, yeah i would like to see what happened to porco.

06.26.2011, 06:04 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
teto omega
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.22.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by teto omega Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol porco has enough moutashe hair anyway we dont want another lord upah

06.26.2011, 06:22 PM teto omega is offline   Profile for teto omega Add teto omega to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco can easily flow into another sequel, but what would it be about? I think the best sequel would be for Porco too.

I'd also like a very distantly related, sequel or spin off to do with Laputa or Spirited Away. I like the world of Laputa and i'd like to see maybe more in Spirited Away.

06.27.2011, 03:50 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Porco can easily flow into another sequel, but what would it be about? I think the best sequel would be for Porco too.

I'd also like a very distantly related, sequel or spin off to do with Laputa or Spirited Away. I like the world of Laputa and i'd like to see maybe more in Spirited Away.

http://thepeoplesmovies.com/2010/08/23/m...-studio-ghibli/

This article is a bit old, but it was the best source for the project I could find. So if I understood correctly, Miyazaki MIGHT make the sequel if Arriety and Goro Miyazaki's second movie do well in the box office. (I have no idea how Arriety did, can anyone tell me?) And if there is a sequel to Porco rosso it's set in the spanish civil war. Can hardly wait for it...

Post last edited by Heidi80 on 06.27.2011, 06:31 AM.

06.27.2011, 06:30 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spanish civil war? Egad i was hoping it would continue in the adriatic seas near Italy... !

I gues Spanish would probably be more interesting though.

06.28.2011, 02:59 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks