QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hi!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Hi! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.21.11
  Hi!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Green tea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, I'm a newbie, writing from a university in Japan. English is not my first language. Please excuse my mistakes.
I like Ghibli so much, and this thread is interesting!

My favorite Ghibli movie is "Howl's Moving Castle", and I like these quotes.

"A heart is a heavy burden."

"Wait for me in the future!"

06.24.2011, 09:15 PM Green tea is offline   Profile for Green tea Add Green tea to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, Green tea... we all hope that you enjoy yourself here. The way to get to know the people in here is to post, post and post some more, lol... We generally like to talk to people and we are worldwide in members...

I have to go for a bit, but I just want to again say, Welcome...
====================================

Hi again, Green tea... very much remember that drink from when I was in Japan long, long ago... lol

join in the 'quotes' thread if you like (or any of the others)...

the previous winner picks a new quote from any of the Ghibli movies and the rest of us have to try and figuree out where it is from. Review the thread and you will see what I mean.

good luck!

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.25.2011, 01:15 AM.

06.24.2011, 09:51 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Green tea
Susuwatari

Thanks!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Green tea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, husky51.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm very happy that many people around the world love Ghibli!

I will try to post more and more.
Thanks for your advice.

06.28.2011, 09:06 PM Green tea is offline   Profile for Green tea Add Green tea to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No problem, Green tea...

You might go to gen discussion and post your intro there as more people will likely respond to it. I am so jealous that you are there in the country where the Museum is... sigh...

06.29.2011, 01:07 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome.

We're not much, but we're friendly. Currently, we're waiting for Arrietty to be released in other parts of the world, so news may be down somewhat. But some of us, like me, have the DVD, so I'll be posting more stuff soon.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.29.2011, 11:26 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

はじめまして、お茶さん!日本語を話せますか?

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Green tea... very much remember that drink from when I was in Japan long, long ago... lol

You can get green tea anywhere, silly!

06.30.2011, 01:02 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Green tea
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Green tea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Ghibli's new movie ' コクリコ坂から'(I don't know what can I say in English.) is coming soon to the theaters in Japan!
I'm looking forward to seeing it

To Mushka
こんにちは!もちろん日本語話せますよ Mushkaさんはカナダの方ですか?

07.01.2011, 09:11 PM Green tea is offline   Profile for Green tea Add Green tea to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
はじめまして、お茶さん!日本語を話せますか?

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Green tea... very much remember that drink from when I was in Japan long, long ago... lol

You can get green tea anywhere, silly!

Yes, I know, but I will tell you that in only one place have I had green tea that tasted as good as what I had in Japan and that was at Miki-sans on 5th street in San Diego before they went out of business. They had the bestest Sukiyaki that I have ever tasted. Very few Japanese restaurants have it.

07.01.2011, 10:38 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I could never make good tea. Then again, my scrambled eggs are green. Cooking fail, fully.

@Green Tea: The English translation would be "From Kokuriko Hills", seeing katakana.

もうすぐと言いましたけど...それはいつでしょうかな?
[You say soon, do you know when?]

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.06.2011, 11:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

o-cha... that was what I ordered in Japan... along with the go-han and the hashi...

A few words I still remember, considering that it was over 40 yrs ago...

07.06.2011, 11:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

はい!カナダ人です!どうぞよろしくおねがいします!

Husky, maybe you should plan a trip back to Japan? I bet you'd really enjoy seeing how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.

07.07.2011, 12:56 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I want to go to japan, But not to taste a type of tea specifically.
I have a thing about traveling though... im 14 no passport or ID.... Only ventured around England, but then again traveling is hardly cheap, i have seen plane tickets for more than 340 pound per person... that's more than admission to Glastonbury festival.
(which i live allmost next to by the way.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 07.07.2011, 02:27 PM.

07.07.2011, 02:26 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks