QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Reading The borrowers
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Reading The borrowers » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Reading The borrowersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm reading The borrowers by Mary Norton (on which Arriety is based) for the first time and I have to say I really enjoy it. I like this kind of weird nonsensical humor that is so common in british children's literature. I wasn't that exited about the Arriety movie at first, but now that I'm reading the book I'm getting more and more interested. Who else is really waiting for this movie?

06.22.2011, 05:26 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

UH, the world.....

at least the world of Ghibli fans.....

06.22.2011, 09:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I read the book for the first time last year after I heard about the film. Then I've been waiting for the movie since it came out in Japan last year. Now, finally, I pre-ordered it and it should be here by Friday. I can't wait to finally see this thing!

Concerning the book itself, I absolutely loved it. I wish some one would have read it to me as a child. As you said, the humor in that book is pure gold, and Arrietty is a wonderful character. I just hope more than anything that Arrietty's humor and character are captured in the film. I don't mind subtle changes to the story, but I really hope that Arrietty remains as similar to the book as possible.

06.22.2011, 09:52 AM  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks