QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Avatar: The Legend of Korra
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Avatar: The Legend of Korra » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I only got into ATLA this winter (I hadn't really known about it before, aside from a peripheral awareness). It was awesome, and now one of my favourite series.

I found Korra to be appealing too, although the more limited scope didn't allow as much epicness. Korra was a great female lead, the brothers were adorable, and I found the villain to be convincing. Probably my only serious complaint with the series is that Republic City felt too familiar, too much like 1920s America implemented by benders. The schizo-steampunk tech was fun, but the setting of the original series felt much more unique, foreign, and fascinating. I hope that in the second season they'll leave Republic City and find that the rest of the world is more diverse.

07.30.2013, 11:46 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks