QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Ghibli quotes. Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...    »  ]
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Arkadian
quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale

----------------------------------------------------

"Girls! Stop! Please!"

Porco Rosso: the Mama Aiuto gang have kidnapped that gaggle of small girls, but they are now taking over the plane, touching everything, etc.
One of the pirates says that. Can't remember his name. Was it the Bluto's lookalike?

No, well not the quote i'm thinking of.

06.06.2012, 06:35 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to hazard a guess as Whisper of the Heart when the four girls are in the teachers room having lunch and discussing the 'Concrete Roads' song...

06.06.2012, 06:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I'm going to hazard a guess as Whisper of the Heart when the four girls are in the teachers room having lunch and discussing the 'Concrete Roads' song...

Nope. So thats two movies out.

06.06.2012, 08:26 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, another wild guess...

From Princess Mononoke, one of the bellows women speaking to the others...?

If this isn't it, then I am going to have to study it...

06.06.2012, 04:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
OK, another wild guess...

From Princess Mononoke, one of the bellows women speaking to the others...?

If this isn't it, then I am going to have to study it...

Sorry not it too.

06.06.2012, 09:10 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hhhmmm... needing a clue here

06.07.2012, 01:14 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by AmtrakDesertWindrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to make a random guess and say it's...from the first 20 minutes of Spirited Away?

06.07.2012, 01:53 PM AmtrakDesertWindrider is offline   Profile for AmtrakDesertWindrider Add AmtrakDesertWindrider to your buddy list Homepage of AmtrakDesertWindrider
Calforsale
Totoro

Sorry not spirited Away.

Ok, if this clue clicks with you, you should get it straight away.

This is said by someone who has lots of daughters.

06.07.2012, 09:11 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't know the scene but I am gonna guess only yesterday. This is the only film I can think of where there are lots of daughters.

06.08.2012, 03:02 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

possibly Whisper of the Heart, when Shizuku and her sister are arguing in their room and Dad speaks out...

not exactly 'lots of daughters'. but I guess any more than two can be considered lots... especially girls... lol

one sister and one daughter... it was enough... lol

lots of grand-daughters tho...
and they're growing up!!!!

06.08.2012, 03:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Hmm sorry no and no. Ill give a better clue. The mum is big and beautiful

06.09.2012, 07:42 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, It's probably from Ponyo. Not exactly sure when it's said, but my guess is that it's said by Fujimoto when all of Ponyos sisters bite (or whatever they're doing) on that big water creature-thingy that he is standing on when looking inside Sousuke's house.

06.09.2012, 09:07 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

Oh, yeah...sounds about right...

A LOT of daughters... lol

06.09.2012, 02:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
Ooh, It's probably from Ponyo. Not exactly sure when it's said, but my guess is that it's said by Fujimoto when all of Ponyos sisters bite (or whatever they're doing) on that big water creature-thingy that he is standing on when looking inside Sousuke's house.

Yep! That's exactly it !

06.10.2012, 04:17 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Since nothing has been posted in three days, I'll give a, IMO, easy quote....

"You just need to look for it"

06.13.2012, 12:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Indeed... I was wondering.

Alas, no idea on where the quotation is from...

06.13.2012, 02:04 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, and like many of the quotes in here, you will groan when you see the film it's from...

06.13.2012, 03:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, sorry, been really busy. Thanks for posting Husky (: Have the feeling I know this one...

06.14.2012, 12:42 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

No problem, Jelly, glad to keep the thread moving... and yes, most everyone should know this one...

------------------------------

edit:
I will give it another day and then post a clue...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.14.2012, 01:49 PM.

06.14.2012, 04:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Hmm im not sure.. all i can think of is maybe Spirted Away.

06.14.2012, 09:44 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
[  «    ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks