QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Which Ghibli Soundtracks Do You Own?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Which Ghibli Soundtracks Do You Own? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Which Ghibli Soundtracks Do You Own?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The soundtracks in Studio Ghibli movies are such a big part of the charm for me. When the most memorable scenes play out in my head, so does the music.

Do you guys own any of the soundtracks? I think I have about 15 CDs myself (will upload photos soon!) They're very expensive, especially to import to the UK, but so worth it.

Joe Hisaishi is just incredible

06.23.2013, 02:02 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got a few of them.

All are imports from Japan, and yes they are a bit expensive, but I got to have them, as I just love Ghibli movies and soundtracks.

06.23.2013, 05:49 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WOW, Skovgaard, 'a few', haha! What a great collection. Do you have a favourite? Or even a favourite track?

06.23.2013, 06:01 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like so many of them, but if I have to single out a few, then it would be,

Totoro, Spirited away, and the Kiki soundtrack.

But more or less, all from Joe Hisaishi, If I want to relax, and listen to some good music, I put this in the Blu-ray player.

06.23.2013, 07:20 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I also love all of them, and often enjoy listening to them the whole way through...it's like playing out the movies in your head.

I too own Joe Hisaishi in Budokan, although on DVD. Once again so expensive to import, but I've got my money's worth by watching it so many times! Here's my collection:

I own quite a few of the symphony soundtracks as I love orchestra. The Princess Mononoke edition is particularly powerful.

06.24.2013, 09:56 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

That's a very nice collection.

Is this the Mononoke symphony soundtrack ? http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TKCA-72747

06.24.2013, 11:41 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Miyako
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.01.13
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now,I will cry.Skovgaard I am always impressed with your Ghibli collections
because I have almost nothing.I am so,so poor for one Ghibli fan...

06.24.2013, 12:15 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
Miyako
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

~OneSummersDay~ you also have one nice collection but I don't know how,how and where you two buy all that CD's,DVD's,Soundtracks,books....

06.24.2013, 12:23 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Skovgaard, it's the 3rd CD down on this page - TKCA-71395.

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title...Symphonic+Suite

Miyako, http://www.cdjapan.co.jp is a good, reliable place to purchase Ghibli soundtracks. I also get mine from eBay.

06.24.2013, 01:19 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by ~OneSummersDay~
Skovgaard, it's the 3rd CD down on this page - TKCA-71395.

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title...Symphonic+Suite

Thank you, It looks as it is out of print, but I'll get at some point, just not going to pay over $100,- for a new one.

quote:
Originally posted by ~Miyako~ Now,I will cry.Skovgaard I am always impressed with your Ghibli collectionsbecause I have almost nothing.I am so,so poor for one Ghibli fan...

It takes time, and yes, money, but if you look at Ebay, you can get lucky, and find some nice Ghibli things, just look out for fakes, even if It's difficult sometimes, to see that it's a fake item.

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 06.24.2013, 02:18 PM.

06.24.2013, 02:16 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Miyako
Tanuki

Thank you so much Skovgaard and ~OneSummersDay~

06.25.2013, 09:38 AM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
la-yue
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.25.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by la-yue Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow! Your collections are HUGE! I love the ghibli music, and most other Chinese music too. It's so mysterious and beautiful. You should buy 'Nakanishi Kiriko Sings Studio Ghibli Films Music With An Erhu Hare-Tane'. Its such a beautiful version of the soundtrack. An erhu is a Chinese violin. You should buy it on itunes; only $17.90 which is around £8.80. The songs she plays are:
1. A sunny day- Kiki's delivery service
2. Hill of wind- Kiki's delivery service
3. The path of wind- My neighbour totoro
4. Carrying you- Laputa castle in the sky
5. The river on that day- Spirited away
6. Princess Mononoke- Princess Mononoke
7. The merry-go-round of life- Howl's moving castle
8. The promise of the world- Howl's moving castle
9. Teru's song- Ged war journal
10. Ponyo on the cliff- Ponyo

It's sooooooo beautiful...
You may recognise this from a disney version of rapunzel. Its not by nakanishi kiriko but its still beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONgZNzB-xT8&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL0HSjA3uOnbs7NIxLeob-eD1G-8EAKueW

This is arriety's song too. The erhu is not played as well in this one, but hey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lcMuvYFWc4&list=PL0HSjA3uOnbs7NIxLeob-eD1G-8EAKueW

Overall the kiriko's cover of the ghibli music is some of my faveourite at the minute and i recommend it. I am learning the violin and hope to play it like her some day.

I want to live in a Studio Ghibli creation.

06.28.2013, 09:49 PM la-yue is offline   Profile for la-yue Add la-yue to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

I've listened to Kiriko's adaptations on Spotify a lot, and enjoyed all of them! Thanks for sharing

06.30.2013, 12:43 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

None

07.01.2013, 11:01 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Just received this today.

Kaze Tachinu soundtrack + bonus CD with 2 songs from the movie.

07.23.2013, 10:24 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Woah!! Majorly jealous. My Arrietty OST arrived the other day, very excited

10.13.2013, 11:59 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw the Kaze Tachinu soundtrack in shops a few times, but CDs are very expensive here, so that put me off... I did enjoy the music in the film though.

10.13.2013, 12:02 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since this thread is about Ghibli soundtracks I suppose this is the place to post. Today I heard a Ghibli song in a supermarket! I recognised it but couldn't place it, so I tried to remember the tune until I got back home. In the meantime, I realised it was Therru's Song from Gedo Senki!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M15yHEnEJ0

10.16.2013, 04:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is wrong i want all those CDs.

But i wont buy them i dont want to be a collector. it is a bad expensive hobby for me. And as move from one place to another all the time and i have seen my family members do not take care of my things very much. so no. but they are tempting to buy.

Most of the youtube songs we listen is pirated. If you know what i mean[about my sources].

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.16.2013, 05:15 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks