QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have GOT to re-watch my Ghibli's more... lol

03.21.2012, 01:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george
Is it Ponyo, when Sosuke and Ponyo are going through the tunnel near the end and Ponyo starts falling asleep?

Right movie, wrong scene. At least I don't think it's said then. It's said a little earlier...

03.21.2012, 03:53 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it what sosuke says to ponyo when ponyo trys to make the candle bigger but can't!

03.21.2012, 04:46 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, that's right! ^^

03.21.2012, 05:45 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok.... Here is another!

'I have been saving these'

Good luck, if you need a clue just ask!

03.23.2012, 03:07 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Said by Kamaji when giving the train tickets to Chihiro in Spirited Away?

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.25.2012, 04:07 AM.

03.23.2012, 07:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Got it in one! I knew it would be easy but hey.

Make it a good one I like a challenge!

*EDIT* By the way you have misspelled chihiro, and you call yourself a ghibli fan!! TUT TUT! (Gives the finger of shame) LOL!! Just messing with ya husky!

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 03.23.2012, 07:35 PM.

03.23.2012, 07:32 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, the keys on my laptop are so close together that I have to correct a lot of spelling errors when I post, lol

"If one of you were normal"

Good luck...

03.25.2012, 04:06 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

that is said by noburo in my neighbour the yamadas

when his grandmother,father and mother were arguing

And i think the quote before it was wrongly placed too.

kamaji said that to rin. when she saw those tickets and asked him where did kamaji find those. kamaji said in the reply that he was saving those for forty years.

sorry i am giving a big time in those two threads so i can not give a new quote now so please someone give it for me.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.25.2012, 09:15 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, saviour, you got the quote. Since you want someone else to give a quote, any takers?

03.25.2012, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That will not be any need . new quote

"right on schedule"

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.27.2012, 10:07 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

well, first idea didn't pan out,,,

working on it...

03.28.2012, 12:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So simple it's hard Could be any number of films...hmm

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

03.29.2012, 02:16 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

How about Kiki's? Maybe when she arrives at the house of the old lady..?

03.29.2012, 02:20 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

Since saviour is this quote's poster and apparently won't be around for a while, I don't know who is going to verify the answers....

03.29.2012, 03:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

The only way would be if someone was definately right, and we verified ourselves by checking the film and scene given. Or simply, someone starts a new quote who is going to be around to verify the answers!

03.29.2012, 04:50 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

This is an interesting one, though... We should try for a bit at leasat. For the challenge, y'know... lol

03.29.2012, 06:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

YEAH! I still haven't a clue though!

03.30.2012, 08:17 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have no idea either. Hopefully someone else will know.

04.01.2012, 03:29 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Well, I still have two or three more Ghiblis to watrch before I can say that i give up... Watched Princess Mononoke, Porco Rosso, Laputa and Kiki's Delivery Service.

I've got a couple of possibilities, but I want to finish going thru my collection first...
======================
I have watched three more Ghibli's... Whisper of the Heart; Totoro; and PomPoko...

Here are my results:

In Ocean Waves, Rikako said to Taku, outside the Tokyo hotel room, "Right on time".

In Kiki's Delivery Service, Bertha said to Kiki, "You're right on time".

In all of the movies that I watched, nowhere did I find the quote, "right on schedule".

My only conclusion is that either it is in one of the Ghibli's that I didn't view or that the translations were different in the movie that saviour watched from what I watched, which is a possibility.

Based on this is that I will make an assumption that this quote is unsolvable without saviour's input and thusly give a new quote...

new quote.."I was rescued, too, wasn't I?"

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.02.2012, 12:28 AM.

04.01.2012, 04:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks