QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  63  64  65  66  67  68    »  ]
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As in, moving castle gadgets, or?
Like, mehve gadgets?
Or, ya know, Porco's plane?
Or a bike?
Or a bike that's altered to fly?
Or something like large and small airships pirates ride?

I dislike that clue, Husky...

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 09.07.2013, 11:43 AM.

09.07.2013, 11:43 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, I don't want to make it TOO easy... besides, believe me, I had to think long and hard to come up with that clue. I could have said "there are airships', but that I used before and there are a lot of airships in Ghibli films. Or I could have said "there are a lot of clouds" or ".. water", but the same thing applies.

Let me give it some more thought and I will edit in another clue...

I was almost going to say, "there are no trains in this movie", but after thinking about it, remembered that there are trains, sigh.

At this point all I can come up with is that "the movie is sparkly and jewel-like"

==============================

This is one of the ways that I solve these quotes. I have a file card with all the names of the Ghibli movies listed in the order they were produced and a letter showing who directed it, (H-Hiyazaki, G-Goro) and the year. When I get a quote or a clue, I look over this list and try to apply the quote or clue to that movie and am usually able to eliminate a number of movies. I then concentrate on the remaining ones and sometimes I get it right and other times I am wrong, but it is a useful tool. Of course, it helps that I have seen all but the latest releases.

Post last edited by husky51 on 09.07.2013, 02:17 PM.

09.07.2013, 02:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, I'll narrow it down even further...

Last clue:

Avast, thar' be pirates!!!...

Looking for movie and scene...

09.10.2013, 03:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Laputa...
Not sure which scene.

09.10.2013, 08:17 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Arrrgggghhhhh! Be ye sure, lass?

09.11.2013, 02:01 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, I give it to San as she at least got the movie right.
The scene is when the soldiers are capturing Sheeta and Pazu and have hit Pazu in the head. Sheeta scrambles down to cradle him, shouting, "Leave us alone!"...

Your turn, San

09.12.2013, 05:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Hmm.

"Cute kid."

09.12.2013, 08:15 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Why, thank you....

Oh, you meant the new clue.... sigh

lol

09.12.2013, 10:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.20.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NausicaaLover Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Hmm.

"Cute kid."

That's definitely Porco Rosso referring to Fio upon their first encounter.

09.14.2013, 02:13 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
Ohmu

Yupyup. Your turn!

09.14.2013, 02:27 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NausicaaLover Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"All's fair in love and art"

good luck guys

09.15.2013, 01:17 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Howl's Moving Castle?

09.25.2013, 02:40 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
NausicaaLover
Kodama

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Howl's Moving Castle?

Nope I dont think Howl's moving castle has anything to do with art other than the art of hatmaking and witchcraft.
Think of movies with young practitioners working on their craft

09.26.2013, 12:48 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Has to be the artist in "Kiki" then...

09.26.2013, 02:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
NausicaaLover
Kodama

quote:
Has to be the artist in "Kiki" then...

Correct

09.30.2013, 10:31 PM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, here's my quote...

"Now get over here"

10.01.2013, 03:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
NausicaaLover
Kodama

quote:
OK, here's my quote...

"Now get over here"

Easy, that's Scorpion from Mortal Kombat
Just kidding, must be Zenibaa from Spirited Away

10.04.2013, 12:36 AM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

She may have said something like that, I'll have to check, but sorry, no...
That is not the movie or scene I was looking for...

Clue:
Three of the characters in the movie are mechanically inclined...

10.04.2013, 02:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Another clue...

"cloudy, with a chance of bricks"

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.06.2013, 04:04 PM.

10.06.2013, 11:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

me see... what other clue can I give...

How is this:

There is an airship called the "Gypsymoth" in the movie...

10.11.2013, 02:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  63  64  65  66  67  68    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks