QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...    »  ]
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it may be HMC, but as easy as it may be I am drawing a blank on it.

I really need to re-watch my Ghibli films, haven't watched any in ages.

06.15.2012, 04:03 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No to both of you....

OK, first clue...

There is a lot of flying in the movie...

06.15.2012, 04:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That clue is about as helpful as knickers on an avacado.

However there are obviously more ghibli films with more flying than others.

However writing this just reminded me of something in Kiki.. so I think it is when Kiki is talking about losing her powers to Ursula, and she says at some point your quote.

06.15.2012, 04:44 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
That clue is about as helpful as knickers on an avacado.

However there are obviously more ghibli films with more flying than others.

However writing this just reminded me of something in Kiki.. so I think it is when Kiki is talking about losing her powers to Ursula, and she says at some point your quote.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!I loved your comment....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I can't hardly type from laughing.... I've had to correct this a couple of times....

Oh yeah, wrong answer and movie...

So that eliminates HWC, Kiki and Spirited Away...

=========================

damn, every time I re-read that knickers comment, I start laughing again... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.15.2012, 04:54 AM.

06.15.2012, 04:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Glad you liked it, you should meet me in real life I am full of analogies like that. I think it comes from being brought up by parents from the East end of London.

Gonna go for the Cliche, and say Porco Rosso, don't know what scene if so.

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 06.15.2012, 06:20 AM.

06.15.2012, 06:17 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I wish that I could say yes, but I cannot... another movie eliminated...

I re-read your comment again and I'm still laughing...

It's 3:30 am over here so with that, I will bid you adieu...
oyasu mi nasai

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.15.2012, 06:33 AM.

06.15.2012, 06:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

another clue...

The movie is for the birds..... lotta roles...

if this clue doesn't do it, the next one will for sure...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.15.2012, 01:38 PM.

06.15.2012, 01:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, could it be Cat Returns? Maybe in the end when Baron talks with Haru and says something like "to find the Cat's bureau, (is it called that in english? Only watched it with swedish subs..) you just need to look for it"? Maybe not, there's not really that much flying in it compared to others..

06.15.2012, 03:18 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, Jelly... that is it exactly...
And the Baron does fly on the crow from the Bureau and then with a LOT of birds, I figured that made for a LOT of flying... LOL

Your turn...

06.15.2012, 05:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Jelly
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha well if you put it that way...
Here's the next quote: "I'll eat anything!"
I can post clues later if needed ^^

06.16.2012, 01:22 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think I know...
Laputa, when Dora (Dola?) agrees to take Sheeta with her and of one of her sons says "I'll eat anything".

06.17.2012, 11:22 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
Jelly
Warawara

Haha you're right! I thought it would take longer xD

06.17.2012, 12:30 PM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
husky51
The Old Guy

I couldn't think of anything, but do remember that statement...

way to go Arkadian!!!!

06.17.2012, 12:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, it did ring a bell straight away, so when I least expected it (I was washing the dishes), it came to me
(It does help that my daughter has got into Laputa big time latterly... It looks as if Sheeta is now No. 1, taking over from Kiki )

Also I was annoyed I didn't get the one from The Cat returns, considering that we watched it again like two days ago.

Anyway, here it goes, very easy indeed.

"Don't worry about him. His head is harder than mine"

Post last edited by Arkadian on 06.17.2012, 05:06 PM.

06.17.2012, 05:02 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, I'm pretty sure I know the movie, just gotta figure the scene...

06.17.2012, 05:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

I will admit, I haven't a clue, hoever I am not what you would call "on top form" when it comes to working out quotes lately, I really need to re-watch my ghibli collection. However thursday I finish college forever, I hope, and will have nearlly four months before I start university if I get the grades, so I am thinking Duvet days and ghibli marathons!!! HEHEHE!!!

06.19.2012, 05:55 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Arkadian
Calcifer

Here is a BIG clue...
The person talking earlier on in the film had a close encounter with... a bottle

06.21.2012, 04:51 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, that seems to coincide with my original idea. I forgot to take the disc to work with me last night, so I'll take it tonight and watch the film again...

Yep, It is when Muska goes to Sheeta's room in the castle and she asks about Paku and Muska makes this statement...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.22.2012, 04:31 AM.

06.21.2012, 05:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Yep, right you are (but I think you knew that), but I have to give you only A- because it is PaZu, not PaKu

06.22.2012, 08:36 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Thats alright, it was roughly 1 am in the morning after I got home from work and posted the answer... (yawn...)

for my next trick, here is the new quote...

"Why does everything that's good for you have to taste so bad."

good luck

06.22.2012, 09:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks