QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...    »  ]
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well with that clue I am gonna guess it is from WOTH, that is the closest film to 'The Cat Returns' in the collection, I think it when Moon or Muta is sat waggling it's tail in front of the dog and shizuki, talking to herself calls him a poser. No sure if that is correct.

05.28.2012, 03:22 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Arkadian
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.09.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
Well with that clue I am gonna guess it is from WOTH, that is the closest film to 'The Cat Returns' in the collection, I think it when Moon or Muta is sat waggling it's tail in front of the dog and shizuki, talking to herself calls him a poser. No sure if that is correct.

Not quite... Clue No. 2

The character I am thinking about and says that sentence is... black!

05.28.2012, 04:18 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Jiji speaking to Kiki in the Cat returns???

Exactly what scene, I'm not quite sure...

05.28.2012, 06:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Arkadian Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Jiji speaking to Kiki in the Cat returns???

Exactly what scene, I'm not quite sure...

No, not in the Cat returns, but talking about cats one could have got confused... OK, it is a bit far fetched but I couldn't make the first clue too easy

Anyway, yeah, film and characters are right.

Final clue, the scene takes place looking out of a window, which is when Jiji says that. Who is he talking about?

05.28.2012, 06:17 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I meant to say Kiki's Delivery Service, but said Cat Returns by mistake...

I believe that he is talking about the little white female cat...

05.28.2012, 09:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Although I am not the quote giver I believe you are right husky, thinking about it there is no other point in the film th is could happen other than when Jiji is talking about the little white cat - who by the way is the cutest little cat ever! LOL, I am so soppy it is unbelievable sometimes. HAHA

05.29.2012, 04:04 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Arkadian
Calcifer

quote:
Yeah, I meant to say Kiki's Delivery Service, but said Cat Returns by mistake...

I believe that he is talking about the little white female cat...

Yes, you are quite right
So, it wasn't that difficult

05.29.2012, 04:58 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
Arkadian
Calcifer

BTW, I often wondered whether Jiji got "busy" sooner than we think. I mean in the closing credits we already see little Jiji and little "poser", but we also see the letter that Kiki sends to her parents which must have been sent reasonably soon after the end of the film, if not before.
I don't know how long it takes to a cat to give birth, but I would imagine at the very least a few weeks, so... Jiji obviously didn't waste any time

05.29.2012, 05:02 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

it is roughly about 63 days gestation... about the same as a dog... A rat or mouse is about 21 days and a rabbit is about 28 days. I know these things because many years ago I was a certified lab animal technician. Which meant that I could clean the cages... lol.

OK, here's an easy one... maybe

"My eyes, I can't see!"

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.29.2012, 12:42 PM.

05.29.2012, 12:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

1) I cannot believe we are having a conversation about the length of feline pregnacies.

and...

2) I think it is something from Laputa, but knowing my luck lately with the quotes I am probably far off.

05.29.2012, 01:43 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Arkadian
Calcifer

quote:

"My eyes, I can't see!"

Is it granpa who lives under the mountain and gets dazzled by Sheeta's levinstone?

PS

So Jiji did get busy rather quickly...

Post last edited by Arkadian on 05.29.2012, 02:45 PM.

05.29.2012, 02:44 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

Sorry, wrong movie...

(I usually wait a day or two before I give out clues. Makes it more interesting that way and last longer and gives more people a chance to get it...)

This one should be easy.....

05.29.2012, 03:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Hang on... change of plan...

Muska when is in the throne room at the end of the film and Pazu and Sheeta say the spell of destruction.

Oops... sorry Have just seen your reply

Post last edited by Arkadian on 05.29.2012, 04:20 PM.

05.29.2012, 04:20 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

My fault...
I didn't see wiki's previous post...

Yes, it is Laputa and No, it is not at the end of the film...

I apologize for misleading you...

05.29.2012, 06:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Right, so it is from Laputa, but not in the two scenes mentioned by Arkadian.

05.30.2012, 01:56 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Your right... Neither of Arkadian's scenes...

05.30.2012, 02:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by Arkadian
Hang on... change of plan...

Muska when is in the throne room at the end of the film and Pazu and Sheeta say the spell of destruction.

Are you sure it is not this scene?
I looked at it today and in my version it say "My eyes, my eyes", but cannot think of another bit.
If so, needing a clue, because I am sure I know it, just cannot think of what it is.

05.30.2012, 04:19 PM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
husky51
The Old Guy

I will give it to you, Arkadian altho I believe that it is the scene when he is in the castle room with Sheeta and she says some words that cause the stone to flash ...

You know, while I am writing this, I suddenly feel that you are right... So go ahead and take the win... If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... Now I have to go and check it again, but not now as I have to get ready for work in a bit...

Arcadian, your turn...
===============================
OK, I've verified it, you are and were correct, Arkadian...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.31.2012, 04:02 AM.

05.30.2012, 05:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Arkadian
Calcifer

Ok, here it goes (one of my favourite lines):

"If I ever get a husband he will see even worse injuries"

Too easy, so no clues

05.31.2012, 08:26 AM Arkadian is offline   Profile for Arkadian Add Arkadian to your buddy list Send an Email to Arkadian
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Easy for you maybe..... I haven't got a clue!!!

I am thinking something from Princess Mononoke! The quote sounds like a line a strong character would say, so maybe something San says!

I am probably incorrect, but I have always been willing to have a try.

06.01.2012, 03:55 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
[  «    ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks