QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli quotes.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli quotes. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got it hurray!

It was from Howl's moving castle. At the scene when howl moved his castle to sophie's home town . After the move he said" moving's done, you can get down now"

i just can not believe myself how could i forget this important scene.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.18.2012, 11:28 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
wikikid dont reveal it until gmt 12+6 alright

I have no idea what you mean by this!

But as you got it, I don't suppose it matters. LOL

Did you like my clue: It is a very MOVING scene!! HAHA took me a while to think that up! LOL I am so sad!

Anyway your turn!

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 03.18.2012, 11:43 AM.

03.18.2012, 11:41 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Unless I'm mistaken, Wiki, that is 6PM in Bangladesh...

As I type this at almost Noon on Sunday in California, it is almost 7PM in London and almost 1AM Monday morning in Bangladesh...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.18.2012, 02:52 PM.

03.18.2012, 02:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51

As I type this at almost Noon on Sunday in California, it is almost 7PM in London and almost 1AM Monday morning in Bangladesh...

Ohh so it is basically 6 hours more in GMT than England!! I get it now, it was the 12 bit that confused me!

03.18.2012, 04:20 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did you go watch the movie saviour?

03.18.2012, 08:54 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
quote:

Ohh so it is basically 6 hours more in GMT than England!! I get it now, it was the 12 bit that confused me!

No, GMT refers to 'Greenwich Mean Time', the Meridian from which all time zones on the Earth are calculated to. London is in the same time zone, so it would be the same as GMT. saviour was saying that when it is 12 noon in England, then it will be 6PM in Bangladesh and to post your reply then.

Since the Earth is spinning easterly (sun rising in the East) then Bangladesh sees the Sun 6 hrs before you do in England, and you see it 7 hrs before I do, assuming I'm silly enough to get up at that time... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.19.2012, 04:30 AM.

03.19.2012, 04:27 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here you go very very very easy

"You can go wherever you want to,you're free now"

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

03.19.2012, 08:51 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Did you go watch the movie saviour?

you probably have known about it that i am enjoying my holiday and my class has not started.So i got a lot of time to read,play games and watch movies.

after knowing about ghibli last month. i have watched all of its titles except pompoko which i have left to watch for a later time. And guess what i have watched all the movies at least 4 times each ,except grave of the fireflies. And that is why i said i was very disappointed that i forgot that important part of howl's.

i feel sorry to say that i can never ever be able to watch those movies in theater [unless japan embassy brings a copy from japan a show it on their programs , i have already emailed them. ] And also all of those were from pirate bay[ got no other way to watch]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 03.19.2012, 09:10 AM.

03.19.2012, 08:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
quote:

No, GMT refers to 'Greenwich Mean Time', the Meridian from which all time zones on the Earth are calculated to. London is in the same time zone, so it would be the same as GMT. saviour was saying that when it is 12 noon in England, then it will be 6PM in Bangladesh and to post your reply then.

Since the Earth is spinning easterly (sun rising in the East) then Bangladesh sees the Sun 6 hrs before you do in England, and you see it 7 hrs before I do, assuming I'm silly enough to get up at that time... lol

Yeah thats what I meant! Sorry for the confusion. when I said 6 hours more in GMT than England I meant that it is just GMT plus six hours I refered to GMT and Egnland as the same thing as it is the same time to me. Sorry for the confusion!

03.19.2012, 01:44 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thats all right, just don't let it happen again... lol

03.19.2012, 06:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Thats all right, just don't let it happen again... lol

LOL! Love it! HAHA!!

03.19.2012, 06:05 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:

I think this is from "Spirited Away" when Haku finds out his true name. Chihiro says it, I believe...

03.20.2012, 06:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
quote:

I think this is from "Spirited Away" when Haku finds out his true name. Chihiro says it, I believe...

no

if you need a clue just say i will say the movie name but i will not say the scene

03.21.2012, 03:13 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Could it be from Naussica?

03.21.2012, 03:42 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Could it be from Naussica?

no

03.21.2012, 04:27 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it's from Princess Mononoke, when San takes off the halter from Yakul..?

03.21.2012, 04:58 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly
I think it's from Princess Mononoke, when San takes off the halter from Yakul..?

Right , you got it

Now it is your turn

03.21.2012, 07:23 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Wikidkid101
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly

I would never have gotten this, I was thinking on the same lines as husky!

03.21.2012, 10:22 AM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
Jelly
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.20.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jelly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay!
Here's the next one:
"Are you sleepy?"

03.21.2012, 11:25 AM Jelly is offline   Profile for Jelly Add Jelly to your buddy list Send an Email to Jelly
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it Ponyo, when Sosuke and Ponyo are going through the tunnel near the end and Ponyo starts falling asleep?

03.21.2012, 12:49 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
[  «    ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks