QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Strange discovery in laputa castle in the sky
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Strange discovery in laputa castle in the sky Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Strange discovery in laputa castle in the skyPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did anyone else notice this... in laputa castle in the sky, you see a couple of teto's on the robot gardener's shoulder.

04.18.2011, 03:01 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember seeing Laputa before Nausicaa so for me it was kind of the other way, noticing that one of those squirrel things from Laputa was Nausicaa's pet. But, yeah, it's cool that they make an appearance in the movie.

04.18.2011, 03:33 PM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think they're just a reoccurring fictional animal in Ghibli movies, maybe Castle in the Sky and Nausicaä take place in the same universe.

04.18.2011, 06:06 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I noticed that, too. It always made me wonder if Nausicaa and Castle in the Sky are related in some way. But they're probably not. Miyazaki-san probably just liked fox-squirrels enough to use them twice.

04.18.2011, 07:39 PM  
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that Miyazaki often reuses certain characters or plots in many movies. Has anyone noticed how all of his heroines look alike(only exception is Chihiro)?And the susuwataris (soot balls) appear in both My neighbour Totoro and Spirited away. But yeah, I have to confess that I squeeled when I saw many Teto's in Laputa. Teto's so cute.

04.20.2011, 06:01 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, i do like the way he designs the main characters, with some exceptions.

04.20.2011, 04:10 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Teto is what???

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

04.21.2011, 01:09 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Teto is the name of the fox-squirrel in Nausicaa...

04.21.2011, 08:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

そうが...
I only know its Chinese name...
yes , I have noticed it.

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

04.22.2011, 03:00 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, out of curiosity, what is Teto's Chinese name?

04.22.2011, 01:31 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Takuto
Calcifer

Registration Date: 03.15.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Takuto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80
I think that Miyazaki often reuses certain characters or plots in many movies. Has anyone noticed how all of his heroines look alike(only exception is Chihiro)?And the susuwataris (soot balls) appear in both My neighbour Totoro and Spirited away. But yeah, I have to confess that I squeeled when I saw many Teto's in Laputa. Teto's so cute.

I think the reason his characters often look similar is because they're just ordinary girls living in fantastic versions of our own world. He doesn't want to make them look too extravagant like certain other anime characters because it distances us from them. They all have natural hair colors (except Sophie after it turns to the color of starlight).

04.22.2011, 05:44 PM Takuto is offline   Profile for Takuto Add Takuto to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Takuto
quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80

I think the reason his characters often look similar is because they're just ordinary girls living in fantastic versions of our own world. He doesn't want to make them look too extravagant like certain other anime characters because it distances us from them. They all have natural hair colors (except Sophie after it turns to the color of starlight).

I agree, they are all normal looking girls. I also think that the female characters are kind of Miyazaki's trademark, because they are so easily recognizable as Ghibli heroines, they can be used as a wayto recognize what's a studio Ghiblli anime and what isn't. Do you understand what I mean? (can't explain properly, english isn't my first language)

04.23.2011, 11:10 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks