QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - HELP! Nausicaa manga vol. 2!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » HELP! Nausicaa manga vol. 2!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.13.11
  HELP! Nausicaa manga vol. 2!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey everyone. I've been deathly sick. But that's besides the point.

I just finished reading through volume 1 of Nausicaa and wow, it is way different than the movie.

So I loved it of course and as soon as I finished it I got on the net and tried to get my hands on volume 2.

But get this: on Amazon someone is asking $3,419.60 for a new copy. WHAT? NO! As for a used copy they are in the $50.00 price range and above. That is crazy!

I checked ebay and there were no auctions for a vol 2 and Barnes and Noble just straight up said there are none avaiable. Again used prices were above $50.

Does anyone know why this particular volume is so rare, or where I can find a retail princed volume????

The later volumes seem to be avaiable for normal prices, so what's the deal with volume 2??

Thanks you guys!!!

04.20.2011, 11:01 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm also having trouble getting an english copy of volume 2 at a reasonable price. I bought a Japanese one for just $2.00, and I've been meaning for a while to see if I can translate it, as a learning exercise. But it's a slow and painful way to read a story...

04.20.2011, 11:45 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whoa. Those prices are crazy. I just bought my copy of Volume 2 last month and it wasn't that much. I had to import it from the UK, though.

If cheaper copies aren't available soon, considering you only have the first volume as of now, you may want to consider this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nausicaa-Valley-Wi...6928&sr=1-9

All 7 volumes smashed in to 4 volumes for just $80. I've heard the paper quality is better in this release, too, but it is flipped to read left-to-right.

Post last edited by on 04.21.2011, 10:47 AM.

04.21.2011, 10:46 AM  
Rossdude
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Zacharykrodel I'll consider the package though the flipped orientation doesn't sit well with me...

What website did you get the UK import from? Is it a good print?

04.21.2011, 05:37 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Rossdude
Thanks Zacharykrodel I'll consider the package though the flipped orientation doesn't sit well with me...

What website did you get the UK import from? Is it a good print?

You can get it right here for $10:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nausicaa-Valley-...8355&sr=1-3

It's identical to the American copies.

04.21.2011, 07:38 PM  
Rossdude
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rossdude Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Zacharykrodel Thanks again! I'm going with this one, might be double the price as States retail, but stil much better than everyone is asking for here!! Thanks man!!

04.21.2011, 08:11 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How about borrowing it from the library? Here in Finland at least, all the 7 volumes are accesible at the library. I didn't buy of them, just borrowed from the library.

04.23.2011, 10:55 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
Rossdude
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by Heidi80
How about borrowing it from the library? Here in Finland at least, all the 7 volumes are accesible at the library. I didn't buy of them, just borrowed from the library.

Ha! The library!! I didn't even think of that! Thanks I will have to see if my library has them!!

04.24.2011, 10:29 PM Rossdude is offline   Profile for Rossdude Add Rossdude to your buddy list Homepage of Rossdude
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks