QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - True or False
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » True or False » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I'm amazed at how a necroed thread doesn't even seem necroed

I suppose with game threads it's not that obvious. It's kinda nice to have threads like this make a return!

Anyway, true. I tried at some point out of curiosity when I was a kid. Nothing to write home about.

The next person doesn't use social media.

07.07.2014, 09:37 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes I do... mainly a fb page about the history of my city...

The next person prefers swimming in salt water rather than fresh...

07.07.2014, 01:56 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

false... I can't swim.
the next person is a vegetarian.

07.08.2014, 05:05 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False! At times I've been effectively a vegetarian on account of being a poor student and not wanting to but the absolute cheapest meat in the supermarket, but nah, I couldn't hack it as a lifestyle choice.

The next person regularly reads webcomics.

07.08.2014, 05:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes I do...

The next person likes Tapioca pudding...

07.08.2014, 06:18 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

False. Can't stand the stuff, like eating frogspawn!

The person below me has watched The Wind Rises.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.08.2014, 07:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Half true. I started but never finished.

The next person plays piano.

07.08.2014, 10:23 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Nope. I wish I could! I have a keyboard at home but I can't really play.

The next person plans to go on holiday this year.

07.08.2014, 12:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hunters moon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

part true, I'm retired and live in a small village in
Shropshire close to the river severn, for me everyday is
a holiday.
the next person is a trapeze artist.
regards J

07.10.2014, 01:51 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, most decidedly not!!! lol

The next person prefers savage, blood-thirsty adventures more than humor in their anime...

example: Elfin Leid to Azumanga Daioh

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.10.2014, 02:02 AM.

07.10.2014, 02:01 AM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Technically true, but only because many of these shows have better stories compared to comedy. Attack on Titan, GitS and Hellsing are obviously better than Lucky Star or Nichijou.

The next person has more than one bike.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.10.2014, 02:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Obviously better? I'd take the relaxed humour of Nichijou over Shingeki no Kyojin's unintentionally hilarious straightfaced melodrama any day. I was arguing in favour of Grave of the Fireflies in another thread, but I don't think being serious necessarily makes something better. I read a thing recently comparing the new Godzilla with Pacific Rim, which expressed a similar idea.

Anyway, false. I have one hired bike which I rarely use because I'm terrible at cycling and live next to what must be one of the only hills in Kyoto.

The next person has attended some kind of convention.

07.10.2014, 03:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's hard to answer. I think if by 'convention' you're meaning Comicon or DressUpCon or things of that ilk, my answer is no. I've attended dozens of events where halls are filled with hobbyists such as wargaming, model railways, antique fairs, flower shows, that sort of thing, some of which last up to a week, but I guess these aren't conventions.

I'd really like to attend one but would be afraid that I'd be embarrassed half the time by the over weight men in sailor moon outfits and embarrassed the other half the time by pretty girls not wearing enough. I wouldn't know where to look.

The person below me dislikes tinned fruit.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.10.2014, 08:14 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

yeah, hard to bite through the layer of tin around the banana.... (funnin' with ya Saddles, lol)

Yes, I generally dislike canned fruits (or tinned, as you say)

The person next likes riding motorcycles...

07.10.2014, 01:43 PM husky51 is online   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I think some of those would count, Saddles! Any kind of hobby would fit.

False - I haven't tried. Maybe I would like to give it a shot some day.

The next person drinks a lot of coffee.

07.10.2014, 09:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope! Can't stand coffee!

The next person has completed more than 20 anime.

07.10.2014, 10:15 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

false, but the next person loves to dunk biscuits in
tea or coffee.
regards J .

07.11.2014, 01:29 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

True, but it depends on the biscuit. Some just don't lend themselves well to dunking.

The next person enjoys humid weather.

07.11.2014, 06:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

False. I have a metabolism that means I sweat easily and I hate feeling dirty, so I end up showering several times a day in humid weather and end up having the shower water too warm so when I get out I sweat more... yech.

Much prefer a dry heat.

The person below me has fired a gun with live ammunition.

07.11.2014, 06:29 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

False. But my sister has. She's about as old as kaz.

The next person has served the country they live in by some way, be it voting or a government job or serving in the army.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 08.13.2014, 08:04 AM.

07.11.2014, 08:23 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks