QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - True or False
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » True or False » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  32  33  34  35  36  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does a lake beach count? Lol 2023 was very mountain and plains heavy geography wise. Looking forward to adding beaches back into the mix next year.

The next person would rather have a bit of ketchup with every meal than never have any ketchup again.

12.15.2023, 11:18 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Probably false, honestly. It's not like I can't stand it, but ketchup is something that doesn't really do much for me. Given the choice I turn it down.

The next person gets takeaway/delivery meals regularly.

12.18.2023, 04:37 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sadly true. It's too darn convenient now. Although we're trying to cut back because we're so much healthier when we cook at home. And also food prices are through the roof as it is.

The following person cries easily. Like when watching sappy commercials, sad movies, hearing a good story, whatever.

01.14.2024, 07:15 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hahahaha! True!!!

My Children used to call me 'Soggy Eyeballs', they've seen me crying so many, Many times... Usually from a movie. Sometimes, when I spoke before a group of people, I would sometimes openly weep, but just carried on with what I was saying My eyes water up when ever I watch "Whisper of the Heart", even as many times as I have seen it... This has been a life-long occurance with me.

I have experienced so many different things in my life, both good and bad and sometimes it is a release... I sometimes think that because I am so emotional over things, that it helps me in relating to others...

The next person is a fan of Science-fiction stories... Heinlein, Asimov, McCaffrey to name a few...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.14.2024, 12:27 PM.

01.14.2024, 11:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True! I haven't been reading much science fiction lately, but I do tend to think of it as one of my favourite genres.

The next person has been to a large theme park.

01.15.2024, 02:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I think so? I've been to Canada's Wonderland and also a Six Flags. Not Disney level but still pretty big..

Now my husband is trying to get me excited for a Disney trip and I'm a little divided. Not sure if I will like it or not. I do love rides but idk about Disney fanaticism.

The next person follows/enjoys this current generation of popular music. Ie chart toppers.

01.16.2024, 03:46 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I'd have to say false. Every now and again I listen to the radio to "see what the kids are into" (lol) and I'll sometimes watch videos about the best/worst popular songs of the year, but I don't really make an effort to keep up. I've never been particular big on chart music anyway.

The next person enjoys public speaking.

01.18.2024, 08:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Somewhat false. I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but I don't mind it. I've practiced it a lot during university.

The next person does journaling.

01.21.2024, 10:27 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I started Journaling a long time ago, but over time, fell away from it...

The next person's extended Family practices a number of different Religions,

02.03.2024, 12:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

False (as far as I know!)

The next person has a clear idea of what their earliest memory is.

02.11.2024, 04:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

True... two of them...

I was age three when I had my tonsils taken out and I remember lying on my back and there was a big machine on my left that had big round things on it (I have later figured they were dials, maybe) and a green cloth was placed over my face that smelled funny... (Chloroform was still used back then, abt 1949)

The next was in TB hospital at three also. I had received a metal spinning top and during the night, I had climbed out of my crib and was over at the toy shelves that had a big cover of some sort over them (blanket?) and as I and another child were moving the cloth... WAY FAR AWAY at the FAR corner of the room, a door suddenly flew open and the Matron was sihlouetted in the bright doorway hollering something and we scrambled back to our beds...

My Mother verified these happenings in later years in Vancouver, BC, Canada

a third wasn't until I was five and wanted to stay up one night, Mom had taken me out for ice cream and when we returned home, I wanted to stay up and 'read' the funny papers, but Mom said it was bedtime and started to take off one of my shoes and I kicked out, kicking her in the chin (I don't remember any intent to hurt her, just didn't want to go to bed). I remember being in the second floor flat and looking out the window at the street lights... Mom later said that this happened in Toronto...

The next person has petted a live, full grown, Tiger... (My sister did while out on a date)

(edited fir spelling)

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.11.2024, 12:42 PM.

02.11.2024, 12:06 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Definitely not! I think I'd only want to if there was a very good reason to be in that situation.

The next person likes spicy food.

03.14.2024, 05:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

YES! Yes I do!!!

I was planning on ordering a chili verde and bean bu do puzzlesrrito with cheese from Consuelos Homemade Mexican Restaurant for my dinner tonight... They all know me by name there.... They are HOT!

The following person likes to do picture puzzles of 500 pieces or more!!!

03.14.2024, 05:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not true. I never got into puzzles, but I do think they would be relaxing, although probably frustrating from what I remember as a kid.

The next person has gone skydiving.

03.22.2024, 05:48 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Tried to, but when we reached altitude, the instuctor tried to hook us up together but it req'd us to get into a doggie position and my knees couldn't take the combined weight and pain.. I tried, I really tried, but ended up acreaming in pain, we had to land so I and my instr. could get out and let the other instructor and student go back up and exit the plane for their jump... it was THAT crowded... If we had entered the plane first and the others had been able to jump first, I might have made it...

They refused to take just me and my instructor & pilot, but they just said no and refunded my money... I really wanted to go...

The next person has been able to pet an Orca (Killer Whale) while it was swimming...

edit... spelling

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.22.2024, 03:37 PM.

03.22.2024, 03:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

False! Not sure I've ever seen one in person for that matter.

The next person prefers long, elaborate stories over concise, self-contained ones.

04.01.2024, 07:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

False-- I like both, equally. A good story is a good story, regardless...

The next person has never heard of okra...

04.07.2024, 11:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

False. Okra isn't very common here, and I'm personally not a great fan of it, but I do know it.

The next person has visited five or more different countries.

04.11.2024, 03:44 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

True.

Here are the countries I've visited:
U.S.A, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Cuba, Puerto Rico (we consider it our own country), Spain, U.K., Morocco, the Netherlands, France, Italy, and Germany.

The next person has met a great grandparent.

04.13.2024, 04:10 PM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

True...

My 'Grannie Brown' who was born in the Seven Oaks area of London in 1864... When I was 5 yrs old, I have a photo of her, my two Aunts and my newborn cousin, Shelagh in Vancouver, Canada.. I remember spending one or more nights in her flat there... She passed in 1960... One of her daughters, (my Grandmother) passed at 91 when the auto she was riding in was broadsided...

(Apparently, the maternal side of my family are long-lived... My mother only made it to 78 when she passed from Cancer and Heart probs... Later this year, I'll hit the 78 mark...)

The next person has never been aboard a Submarine...

04.13.2024, 04:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  32  33  34  35  36  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks