QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - The Borrower Arrietty
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » The Borrower Arrietty » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
:Dom:
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  The Borrower Arrietty Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by :Dom: Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

does anyone know when the borrower arrietty will be released in the us/uk?
i know it's only been out in japan for a month now but there must be some information as to a western release...

08.17.2010, 12:49 PM :Dom: is offline   Profile for :Dom: Add :Dom: to your buddy list Send an Email to :Dom:
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

possibly that info might be on the Ghibli Studio home page...

08.18.2010, 12:13 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
amanet17
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amanet17 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ummmm......do they have an english site??

08.19.2010, 10:37 AM amanet17 is offline   Profile for amanet17 Add amanet17 to your buddy list
amanet17
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amanet17 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

and here is another one i don't know about.

http://www.karigurashi.jp/index.html

NEVER MIND!!

Post last edited by amanet17 on 08.19.2010, 10:48 AM.

08.19.2010, 10:38 AM amanet17 is offline   Profile for amanet17 Add amanet17 to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wanna know as well
Especially for the Netherlands..

wanna see it so bad!!

08.21.2010, 01:52 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone know how long it did take Ponyo to be released in US/UK after it premiered in Japan?

08.25.2010, 12:00 PM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by :Dom: Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i've checked quite a few places and nowhere seems to have info on it.

ponyo could be downloaded quite soon after it was released. a guy on demonoid had subbed it and stuff. it was well done, not some rushed job. official though... i can't recall.

08.26.2010, 10:35 AM :Dom: is offline   Profile for :Dom: Add :Dom: to your buddy list Send an Email to :Dom:
laazd,
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.27.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by laazd, Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

have any of you seen the movie? if so , how was it?

09.28.2010, 02:08 PM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As with many other Ghibli's, the artwork was great and the story actually told a story, IMO. I really liked it...

09.28.2010, 11:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Have you seen it in the cinema Husky? is it already released in the usa?

09.29.2010, 03:36 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
laazd,
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.27.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by laazd, Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i wanna see it so bad but it hasn't been released in british columbia , canada

09.29.2010, 11:03 PM laazd, is offline   Profile for laazd, Add laazd, to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, yes I have and it was great... I also have the dvd as well

09.29.2010, 11:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kemi
Totoro

Lucky you, I have no information about the release date or the cinema dates at all here in Holland I am so curious about it after watching the trailer. It looks stunning..

09.30.2010, 03:56 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by laazd,
have any of you seen the movie? if so , how was it?

I hope that I understood the question. I was referring to the previous post about Ponyo and THAT is the movie I was referring to...

also waiting for Arietty...

09.30.2010, 11:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by :Dom: Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i still can't find any info on this. does anyone know if it is released in japan on dvd yet?

10.30.2010, 11:39 AM :Dom: is offline   Profile for :Dom: Add :Dom: to your buddy list Send an Email to :Dom:
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw Arietty the other day at the Warner Mycal in Hinode (far west Tokyo). I made it to Japan just in time to see it in first run, but there were very few theaters playing it in the afternoon--and it will disappear completely by this weekend. It's a good film, but not on my favorites list. The music, though not done by Joe Hisaishi, is beautiful--a nice Celtic style.

I have a few problems with the film. I'm kind of a stickler for the photorealistic qualities of the background art of the Miyazaki films up to Spirited Away. While a little better than the artwork of Gedo or Ponyo, it's not up to the standards Miyazaki established with Totoro and carried forth.

Miyazaki's hand in the animation is everywhere (a definite plus), but the story is uneven. Without getting into the ending specifics, I can say this is about the most unresolved story I have ever seen that didn't have a sequel immediately pending.

11.02.2010, 05:03 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
husky51
The Old Guy

And Ghibli doesn't usually do sequels, right? At least not that I've heard...

11.02.2010, 10:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If they did, it's like you'd have heard of them by now. Having said that, there was that interview not too long ago where Miyazaki suggested he might want to make a sequel to Porco Rosso. Has there been anything more on that?

11.03.2010, 06:53 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

That would be so cool!!!! We'd maybe get to see how it all ended up with Fio, Gina and Porco

11.03.2010, 07:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kodama

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714067/

imdb doesn't lie... does it?

11.29.2010, 04:50 PM :Dom: is offline   Profile for :Dom: Add :Dom: to your buddy list Send an Email to :Dom:
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks