QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What book(s) are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What book(s) are you reading right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished "Stand by-y-y to Start Engines" by Daniel V. Gallery

He was the American Captain in WW2 whose Task Group was credited with capturing the U-505 on the high seas in 1944. He has written some very funny books from a naval point of view. It helps to have been in the Navy to be able to relate to these tales...

Also read "Wailing Wall" by Tony Hillerman

A mystery set in the Navajo Reservation...

07.06.2014, 11:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

still-water angling by Richard walker.
still one of the best books ever written on fresh water
fishing.
regards J

07.08.2014, 05:37 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a bunch of Haruki Murakami novels laying all around my apartment and my parents' house. Hoping to buy a few more if the bookstore in the city carries ones I don't already have. Need some reading material for my first plane ride. lol

Also picked up writing again and find I can churn out pages quite quickly (and around 5000 words in two hours, I think university trains you to do that lol).

07.08.2014, 05:09 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

EMPIR OF THE SUMMER MOON:
it's a historical account of the forty-year battle between
Comanche Indians and white settlers.

07.12.2014, 02:01 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently reading A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. At the moment I'm on the ninth book, "The Carnivorous Carnival".

I'm absolutely loving the series and it's actually become one of my favourites. Lemony just has such a unique writing style, and I love the story & characters. Definitely a good read.

07.25.2014, 07:53 AM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
Susuwatarii
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.20.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Susuwatarii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've just finished two books but luckily I'm reading another one as well (three at the same time I know). The one I'm still reading is Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley, it's really good.

07.25.2014, 02:01 PM Susuwatarii is offline   Profile for Susuwatarii Add Susuwatarii to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahahahaha, I remember, wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-y back in junior high. I was reading five books at one time. I had them stashed in different locations (read different classrooms) and would sneak read them while in that class... lol That semester I read over a thousand books out of our school library... but I passed (barely)

Now, I usually stick to one or two books at a time...

Just finished (up to 4AM to do it) "The Presidents Plane is Missing" by Robert J. Serling

07.25.2014, 02:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Tiger by John Vaillant. It's about this man-eating tiger in Russia and the people tracking it. Non-fiction. So, sooo good. Brings the Russian Far East to life like I've never seen in a book.

Also, just got the Elephant Whisperer by Pan Macmillan. Also non-fiction. Really looking forward to reading this one.

And for fiction, Wool by Hugh Howey. Sci-fi, post-apocalyptic genius.

07.25.2014, 03:06 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
hunters moon
Calcifer

THE THROWBACK by TOM SHARP.
I can't stop laughing
regards j.

07.28.2014, 11:14 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Monday the Rabbi Left Off by Harry Kemelman...
A mystery...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.01.2014, 01:02 AM.

07.29.2014, 01:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

I have just started to read the STIEG LARSSON'S-
millennium trilogy-book one the girl with the dragon tattoo.
regards J .

07.31.2014, 11:23 PM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by hunters moon
I have just started to read the STIEG LARSSON'S-
millennium trilogy-book one the girl with the dragon tattoo.
regards J .

Be prepared, you will have to read the whole trilogy... I enjoyed it. A little violent at times, but good...

08.01.2014, 01:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hunters moon
Calcifer

, husky the first book is so good and I was surprised by LISBETH SALANDER character she's fantastic
I can't wait to see how her character will develop over the
next two books.
regards J .

08.02.2014, 01:33 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Re-reading the His Dark Materials trilogy, since I haven't read them since I was probably a bit too young to even enjoy them properly.

08.02.2014, 07:22 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Another mystery, "The Mystery of the Cape Cod Tavern" by Phoebe Atwood Taylor...

Sort of an Agatha Christie type mystery.... Only about a quarter thru it at this point...

08.31.2014, 04:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Colourless Tatsuru Tazaki. My boyfriend really loves the novel after reading it over my shoulder during a six hour bus ride. He finished it before me too. One of my friends purchased it too.

Really want the UK edition for the stickers.

09.01.2014, 09:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The End by Lemony Snicket. I'm on the last book of the series. Eeeek!

09.21.2014, 07:14 PM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Still slowly reading a book on the Japanese spy system since before 1900...

09.21.2014, 09:43 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Robert Parker's "Damned if You Do"

10.02.2014, 12:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I am now reading Clive Cussler's "Havana Storm"

11.20.2014, 12:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks