QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Robot from Laputa : stereogram
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Robot from Laputa : stereogram » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Robot from Laputa : stereogramPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here is a auto-stereogram ("Magic eye" 3D effect) I made from a 3d model of the robot from Laputa.

The white dots at the bottom are a visual cue for those who have trouble at seeing the 3D world. The eyes must relax and focus behind the monitor, so the pair of white dots that each eye sees blend into three dots.

Here is another version, different saturation and lightness.
And here are more of my stereograms.

02.03.2010, 02:46 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

huh, usually I have no trouble with these, but can't seem to bring this one out... maybe tomorrow after my eyes have had some rest...

02.04.2010, 01:15 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't see it either.

I'll try again when I'm not dead tired from studying.

02.04.2010, 03:01 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YAY it is beautiful! It took a little while to see it for me, but it is very well made. Wow, I'm gonna print this I guess...if I may?

02.04.2010, 05:58 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to confess. I have NO IDEA how to see these images. Never could, probably never will. I mean, relax your eyes? Look beyond the monitor? The only times I would do that is when I'm in a daze, which means I won't be looking at the picture anyway.

And yes, I took the visual cue. I get three white dots, but the same picasso mess and no robot.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the outline. I'm guessing these things are supposed to be only seen as outlines instead of actual pictures.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.05.2010, 09:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
leonbloy
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I have to confess. I have NO IDEA how to see these images. Never could, probably never will. I mean, relax your eyes? Look beyond the monitor? The only times I would do that is when I'm in a daze, which means I won't be looking at the picture anyway.

And yes, I took the visual cue. I get three white dots, but the same picasso mess and no robot.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the outline. I'm guessing these things are supposed to be only seen as outlines instead of actual pictures.

The outlines are not relevant, they just help. Those things are supposed to be seen as 3D shapes (only seen by the two eyes jointly : if you close an eye, you dont see anything). The perceived scene is like an sculpture with a wall in the background, and everything as if were "painted" with the "picasso mess" (the texture). The wikipedia article gives some more info.

And yes, of course it can be printed (but the other version, with more constrast, can me more apt for that).

Post last edited by leonbloy on 02.06.2010, 08:31 AM.

02.05.2010, 10:55 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's fully three dimensional and really stunning!

Very clever.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.05.2010, 06:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I always fail at these...I've looked like 3 times.

*stares*

02.06.2010, 01:16 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I usually see these kind of things. But not this time...

02.06.2010, 05:45 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've trained myself to be able to watch these images quickly and in two different ways (1: the background pops out to the front and the figure is only a hole really and 2: the front pops out and you see the figure quite clearly and the background stays in the back)

Anyway, I wonder how you make these things? I'm really blown away by this, because you made it yourself!

02.12.2010, 06:49 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
I<3 S.G.
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.23.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I<3 S.G. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, that's awesome, I love it!

We hope you enjoy your stay
Outside the sun is shining
It seems like heaven ain't far away

It's good to have you with us
Even if it's just for the day ♫

03.09.2010, 08:27 PM I<3 S.G. is offline   Profile for I<3 S.G. Add I<3 S.G. to your buddy list
maria1214
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.10.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maria1214 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't see it. T_T

Awww!

03.10.2010, 03:12 PM maria1214 is offline   Profile for maria1214 Add maria1214 to your buddy list
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

that took me a couple of tries to see it, but when I looked the second time it was like messing with my head. very cool!

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.
=================================================

03.10.2010, 06:54 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Took me a bit to see it, but I have no problem now. Really cool!

03.10.2010, 07:50 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Try crossing your eyes instead of relaxing them. After a bit, you'll catch the image and your eyes will stay locked there. It even works for me when looking at those 100-year-old stereo pictures; I don't need a viewer.

03.11.2010, 01:05 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
leonbloy
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Another simple stereogram, for Nausicaa's mehve:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fw...feat=directlink

BTW: the robot from Laputa is now in that same picasa album: https://picasaweb.google.com/11137432021...isEstereogramas

05.03.2012, 03:53 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
Another simple stereogram, for Nausicaa's mehve:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fw...feat=directlink

BTW: the robot from Laputa is now in that same picasa album: https://picasaweb.google.com/11137432021...isEstereogramas

It's very hard to unfocus your eyes for the mehve when it looks like there are five eyeballs looking at you

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.03.2012, 11:15 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never been able to do these

05.03.2012, 11:33 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks