QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - avatars
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Site Related » Suggestions & Bug Reports » avatars » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
edenbird
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.18.05
  avatarsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by edenbird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

how comes that I can't use an avatar although my jpg has the right size and isn't too big....

does anyone have an idea????

THANKS!!!

03.24.2005, 01:42 PM edenbird is offline   Profile for edenbird Add edenbird to your buddy list
edenbird
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.18.05
  ;-)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by edenbird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...yippie.. I found it out myself.... I used the wrong size because I read it wrong... thought 70 is the width and 90 the length...

03.24.2005, 01:46 PM edenbird is offline   Profile for edenbird Add edenbird to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like your avatar! glad you solved your prob

03.22.2006, 11:09 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Tresi
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Me too!
I love this funny bird and the rat,they´re so sweet

04.05.2006, 03:48 PM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know of a good site for animated anime avatars? Every one I go to says right click on pic, but when I do, only save picture comes up, not save target! Obv that only saves the pic without the thrilling movement!! If anyone could recommend a nice easy site for a dunce like me, I'd really appreciate it!!

06.07.2006, 06:15 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SpiritedSen I have a site for you:

www.digik.net

It has great anime avatars. There is a wide selection of them, there are also some animated avatars depending on what anime you want.

Hope this helps! This is the best I could come up with...hehe

p.s.-when i save an animated avatar mine stays animated...i guess it depends on where you post your avatar....but then i don't really know much about this..so if it doesn't make sense ignore me.....heheh

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.07.2006, 06:38 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dude, the site looks awesome, but I'm not having much luck! If I do Save Target As, it says it can't do it, and save picture as just saves it as a pic! I did try to upload one, but it simply won't work!!
Did u get animated ones from there? Please tell me EXACTLY how you did it!!!

06.07.2006, 07:01 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, well it's good you like the site.

Okay, so the thing is, I clicked on the avatar, and when it popped up, I right clicked and selected "Save Picture As" and saved it....later when I came back to it, it was still animated, but then when I uploaded it to be my avatar, the animation would be there, and then disappear. ??? So I'm not completely sure....I guess unless you upload it onto a certain server or whatever, the animation won't show up...sry!

At least there are a lot of avatars to see!

If I figure anything out, I'll tell you....Sorry if I can't be of much help...I'm really not that good with the computer...

06.07.2006, 08:06 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

No worries dude, thanks so much for your help!
Anyone else know of any uncomplicated animated anime avatar sites? Ta

06.07.2006, 08:42 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

che...this is sorta embarrasing, but SpiritedSen, i'm a girl sry if my name is confusing....

06.08.2006, 01:01 AM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Sunchaser
che...this is sorta embarrasing, but SpiritedSen, i'm a girl sry if my name is confusing....

I call everyone dude...it's not a specifically male thing! I call my girl mates 'man' too...like 'you alright man'?! But if you'd prefer, I can all you something girly...i dunno...chick or something!!
Btw, I assumed you were a girl, cos of your name and avatar!

That aside...anyone know any good animated anime avatar sites?

06.08.2006, 08:43 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

oh...heh sry spiritedsen, no i don't mind...just call me what you want...uh...nvm

hehe

06.08.2006, 06:31 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Hope someone can help me out! A new member has the same avatar as me, so I have selflessly given it to him, and so now need a new one for myself! I found a really awesome one, animated, but it says that it exceeds the maximum size, width or height for this forum. But I reeeeeeeeeally want it, so does anyone know how to resize animated avatars?
Cheers all!

NOTE ADDEDon't worry, I managed it all by myself *smiles smugly!* But does anyone know what my avatar is from? I don't have a clue, it was just the nastiest one I could find!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.20.2006, 12:24 PM.

06.20.2006, 11:38 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Woah! That blood spewing girl shocked me when I first saw it...

I've no idea where's it's from though...

How did you resize the animated avatar? Or is it too complicated to post here...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.20.2006, 12:37 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
Woah! That blood spewing girl shocked me when I first saw it...

I've no idea where's it's from though...

How did you resize the animated avatar? Or is it too complicated to post here...

Sorry about the shock!! Have a nice cup of sweet tea...it'll settle your nerves!!

The resizing was really easy! I found this website http://www.online-image-editor.com/index.cfm
It's all pretty self explanatory...I worked it out straight away, so I'm sure you'll have no probs, but let me know if you do! You can resize pics and gifs on there, so it's well handy!

06.20.2006, 04:31 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sunchaser:
i am sad i can't go up to the website, iwanted to put something on my avatar but i just can't find any site at all.... i am such a crapy crapy using computers.

06.20.2006, 05:26 PM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by ting
Sunchaser:
i am sad i can't go up to the website, iwanted to put something on my avatar but i just can't find any site at all.... i am such a crapy crapy using computers.

ting, I know I'm not sunchaser, but this is how I got my avatar!
You can either go to these websites, there's tonnes on there, I'm sure you'll find something;

http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Anime/
http://www.avatarcentral.com/avatars/ava...d-anime-001.php

All you have to do is right click on the avatar you want, click Save Picture As..., and save it to your hard drive (this works on animated avatars as well, although when you look at the pic on your hard drive, they won't be animated, but they become animated again when you put them on here!). Then go to Profile on this site, click on Avatar, click on the Use Custom Avatar bit, then press Browse. That'll let you search your hard drive for pics. Double click on the one you've downloaded and want to use as your avatar, and then press Submit. I hope that's not too confusing, any probs, let me know!

Alternatively, if there's a pic you already have that you want to use, go to this site
http://resizepic.com/
For Width and Height, type 100 in each box, click Resize Image, and save the resized pic to your hard drive. Go to Profile, and do all the same stuff as written above, then that pic will be your avatar!

Hope it all works, and look forward to seeing your new avatar!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.20.2006, 07:16 PM.

06.20.2006, 07:16 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Hey ting! Sry I didn't reply....my computer was not cooperating and I couldn't connect to the internet.

So is your problem that you can't get to the site? Like it doesn't take you too the right one, or something? Let me know..maybe I can help you..not that i'm great with computers either .

Meanwhile, here are some other links to great anime avatar sites...(their basically design sites..with wonderful avatars and such)

http://www.aethereality.net/

http://komettails.net/

and stuff...ok I gtg now!

06.21.2006, 01:03 AM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
SpiritedSen
Totoro

There you go ting, with all the sites that sunchaser and I have shown you, you're bound to find something you like!

06.21.2006, 07:39 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Big thanks to both Spiritedsen and Sunchaser.

Thanks Spirited! the 2 websites that you gave me for avatars, i couldn't go up becoz if this stupid school computer but thx for the fixing size one! i finally got a avatar from my hard drive.

thx Sunchaser for your website, i can go on to the second one but not the first. the avatars were really really good and attractive but i prefer my own picture from my hard drive.
Thanks a lot!!
love ya!

so what do you think of my new avatar?

06.22.2006, 12:03 PM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks