QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I'm playing Ghibli songs on ukulele
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » I'm playing Ghibli songs on ukulele » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.24.13
  I'm playing Ghibli songs on ukulelePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JohnMoogle Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everybody!

My name is Vincent, I'm a french Ghibli fan. Also I'm musician, I'm playing ukulele. I would like to share my video with the Ghibli fans community.

Well, first, there is my Ghibli playlist on Youtube
My Ghibli playlist

Then, I participate in a ukulele contest in which I'm playing a Totoro medley. If you like this video, please leave a vote.

Totoro medley

I you have any question in ukulele, or concerning the arrangements I'm playing, I woud be happy to answer!

03.24.2013, 12:28 PM JohnMoogle is offline   Profile for JohnMoogle Add JohnMoogle to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's not bad. You missed a few notes in some of the songs.

Personally, considering the instrument medium, it might be better to do a rearrangement IMO.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.25.2013, 01:39 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
JohnMoogle
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.24.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JohnMoogle Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thx or watching my videos

Arranging such songs on ukulele is challenging because of the limitations of ukulele. If I would get all the notes you can ear with a guitar or a piano, I had to arrange the songs or 2 or 3 ukuleles.
I guess the arrangements I'm playing are good compromises. The songs are recognisable and they are fun to play

But; Indeed I know we can always do better

03.25.2013, 08:08 AM JohnMoogle is offline   Profile for JohnMoogle Add JohnMoogle to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks